ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Recon me please ! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=28242)

Spins 03-01-2021 12:19 AM

Recon me please !

Hey guys . My best friend just came up for the weekend. Avid street bike lover. I pushed him a little to take out my Brozz and me on the CRF. It didn’t take much convincing. I had enough gear for both of us as he wasn’t prepared. He wasn’t thrilled about the Chinese bike at first, (he’s a Suzuki guy )until he rode it. He committed on how quite,comfortable and good low end torque the engine had to just chug around in second gear. We hit a few trails and I showed him my crash site. We rode for a couple of hours. Was nice to have a riding partner for a change.
Shortly after he returned home, the text messages began. Pic of a Hawk on Amazon and questions. I gave him options on all the bikes available. The good and the bad. He asked me to order him A Green Brozz RECON and set it up like mine. He’s coming up in a few weeks and we’ll load up the bikes and hit the trails.

I’m calling Jeff tomorrow to check on availability. I already have my cart on Amazon full of goodies for his bike. Now my only dilemma is do I order two?

idle_purr 03-01-2021 12:31 AM

You should be in luck, I ordered Friday and he did have Recons, Hunter Green and Desert Sand.

As far as ordering two, maybe just get yourself some knobbies? Jeff has the tire on rims for $250 a set.

Here is a link: BROZZ RECON WHEEL SET

I would be interested in seeing that list of Amazon goodies :)

Spins 03-01-2021 07:07 AM

I’d thought about that. I’d have to pick up another front rotor/ hardware , rear sprocket/ hardware. I’d want to make it easily swappable. I’m not sure it’d be worth it. Mine bike is a 2018. I’d like to upgrade to the rear disk, skid plate, fuel tank and inverted forks. It’d be cheaper to just order some new rubber and hang up the 50/50’s.
I was also looking at the RXB230’s. Having a little more power is a good thing.

Spins 03-01-2021 01:00 PM

Well, I called and placed my order with Jeff for my friends Green Recon. I pulled the trigger on a Tan one for myself. Now I’ll probably list my Red 2018 for sale

tknj99 03-01-2021 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spins (Post 354559)
Well, I called and placed my order with Jeff for my friends Green Recon. I pulled the trigger on a Tan one for myself. Now I’ll probably list my Red 2018 for sale

Curious what the resale looks like on these bikes.. keep us posted on the sale

idle_purr 03-01-2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spins (Post 354559)

Awesome brother, I bet you will love it. There is a youtube channel called "Dork in the Road" and he features the Tan Recon, and it's a pretty cool channel.

So what kind of goodies are you getting to go with it?

Spins 03-01-2021 04:01 PM

Thanks,
I’ve watched his videos a few times!

Bill Hilly 03-01-2021 04:37 PM

I like his videos, especially since he is a heavier guy, and not an expert rider. I can relate in both regards . Remember, Be excellent to each other !

Spins 03-02-2021 04:50 AM

Both bikes shipped yesterday. Jeffrey provides excellent service!
We talked for a few minutes about the Brozz line up and inventory. He has stock for now but expects to run out in about two months or so and would be out until August if I remember correctly. He didn’t expect any changes to the next shipment of bikes.FI is out, Too much up front cost and reliability issues. I asked about larger wheels and the limited tire selection we have. He acknowledged that fact and mentioned that he get complaints about the bikes being too tall already. I’m sure it’s difficult attempting to make everyone happy. He did mention the possibility of making a video of installing an Lectron carb on a bike as an experiment. They are expensive but he said that’s about the cost of upgrading the Brozz to EFI.

idle_purr 03-02-2021 10:41 AM

Congrats! mine will be here on Thursday :) I am going to unbox it and make sure everything looks to be there, then probably assemble it when it gets a little warmer out, currently 9 degrees in NY but hopping up to the mid and higher 40's next week. Looks like my timing is perfect, the bike arrives before the riding season, and before Jeff sells out of inventory!!!

Spins 03-02-2021 07:51 PM

Goodies

Quote:

Originally Posted by idle_purr (Post 354570)
Awesome brother, I bet you will love it. There is a youtube channel called "Dork in the Road" and he features the Tan Recon, and it's a pretty cool channel.

So what kind of goodies are you getting to go with it?

New LED Headlight Bulbs, Mikuni clone carbs, jets, bark busters ,NGI plugs and a phone holder. I already have pro taper bars, oil cooler and a burrito tube I ordered for the Brozz. Sorry Brozz , the Recon will be getting these.

idle_purr 03-02-2021 08:02 PM

nice so far I got the bars, a chain, and a folding shift lever coming with mine. I am pretty sure our new bikes are the same except for cosmetics and the tires.

Spins 03-02-2021 08:26 PM

I did order a aftermarket battery too. Probably go in the Recon and put a new stock one in the Brozz for its new owner. I didn’t order a chain. My stock one has over 800 miles. It does stretch easily as others have posted but it’s never failed me.

Spins 03-03-2021 06:11 PM

Bikes are being delivered tomorrow!

idle_purr 03-03-2021 07:18 PM

Mine will be here at 10AM tomorrow. Are you changing your fluids first thing? It seems it comes with decent fluids for break in.