ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   can't kick csc tt250 / bump (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=27655)

motochutuya 11-11-2020 04:21 PM

can't kick csc tt250 / bump

I picked up my tt250 in azusa and the folks at csc demonstrated a kick start for me easy peezy, 3rd of 4th kick it started....meanwhile I try and no luck. I've tried kicking for nearly an hour, choke on, choke off, choke midway.....

Any thoughts ? also what gear have you guys tried for bump starting

JerryHawk250 11-11-2020 04:29 PM

Will it start with the electric start? Kill switch off? Trick to kick starting is to push the kick start till you feel resistance from compression then let up on the kick start so it can reengage the gear then give it a good kick. If that makes since. It will get easier to kick start once the engine breaks in. I usually can kick start my hawk on the 1st or 2nd kick even if it is cold. I also have higher compression that stock.

motochutuya 11-11-2020 05:14 PM

jerry, excellent point the engine isnt broken in yet...new cylinder... Let me try again in 1k :(

Quote:

feel resistance from compression then let up on the kick start so it can reengage the gear then give it a good kick.
yeah I think i gotta be more sensitive

culcune 11-11-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 348938)
Kill switch off?

Check the kill switch on the right side. I mean, only newbies accidentally push the switch and cannot start their bikes and not realize they pushed in the switch. Oh no, only people new to riding...not me like twice in the past few years... :lmao:

Plump Kibbles 11-11-2020 09:09 PM

Clutch pulled in? Brake engaged? Kickstand up? I couldn't get mine to kick start till I adjusted my valves.. now it starts every kick! Cold starts; maybe 2-3, but not many. Also try getting the compression going on the kicker - I'm sure you know that though.. Weird - I can't put my hands on it so I'm not much help through the keyboard! And bump start, try 2nd. If you can get to a hill, it's much easier. And battery terminal connections - my buddies Ninja just had a weird issue staying on; moved the negative battery cable a little and tightened it back down, good to go after that.

Wild Dog 11-12-2020 08:09 AM

Something i did learn after an old 2 stroke hit my leg hard that it hurt for weeks, is that kick starting is a form of art.
For the CSC guys it was easy to kick start them, because they maybe quite used to kick start and those motorcycles.
Plus those kick start on CG are quite stiff when new

JerryHawk250 11-12-2020 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Dog (Post 348967)
Something i did learn after an old 2 stroke hit my leg hard that it hurt for weeks, is that kick starting is a form of art.
For the CSC guys it was easy to kick start them, because they maybe quite used to kick start and those motorcycles.
Plus those kick start on CG are quite stiff when new

Yeah, and some of us old coots like me been doing it for over 45 years. :hehe:

RedCrowRides 11-12-2020 08:57 PM

Lmao, shout to " old coots club " members, hell i know i'm in it i aint gonna lie haha!

Magician16 11-19-2020 10:14 AM

My Magician would not kick start when new. I had to have over 500 miles, valves adjusted right, and carb. slow jet and mixture right before it would. It kick starts fine now.

TxTaoRider 11-19-2020 10:55 AM

I went out trail riding with a friend who has a crf250r last weekend and kick started my bike a couple times to show him I have a "real dirtbike". It usually started on the 2nd kick... Which was less than his honda. It sometimes took him 4 or 5 kicks.

Plump Kibbles 11-19-2020 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magician16 (Post 349380)
My Magician would not kick start when new. I had to have over 500 miles, valves adjusted right, and carb. slow jet and mixture right before it would. It kick starts fine now.

Same for my bike - wouldn't kick till after setting the valves. I barely have 200mi though, you got me there!