ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   For Sale: New Progressive shock and used Center Stand (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16235)

NoVa Rider 04-01-2016 09:52 AM

For Sale: New Progressive shock and used Center Stand

I purchased the new Progressive rear shock for the RX3 when CSC first offered them, and got the 20 percent discount. But now that I have adjusted the preload on the stock shock, I am rethinking the Progressive. I am sure its a great shock but for my riding style, the original shock may be fine. I'd rather put the money into other farkles.

So I would be willing to sell my new-in-box Progressive shock for what I paid for it, which was $400. I am not entirely sure if the spring is for lighter or heavier riders -- I just ordered the shock and got what CSC sent out. The box indicates it is a "500/560 spring" if this helps.

I can include my used CSC first-generation RX3 center stand, along with hardware. The newer CSC stand is much easier to use, but the original stand does work and I hate the just throw it away now that I have switched to the newer design.

I'll also pay up to $20 in shipping. If actual shipping is more, I'd like the puchaser to cover the extra.

So $400 for the shock and the stand, and possibly some extra to help cover shipping. Payment by Paypal only. PM me if interested. I am firm on price, since I am already loosing money on shipping and may decide to install the Progressive shock after all.

Thanks and happy riding!

Huck369 04-01-2016 10:22 AM

That's a good deal...I'm short on cash right now, or I'd take it...best of luck with the sale

willy dog 04-01-2016 10:29 AM

i might be a buyer if i can find out if shock is set up for a YETI 260lbs on a good day anyone know what those numbers mean

jbfla 04-01-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willy dog (Post 209693)
i might be a buyer if i can find out if shock is set up for a YETI 260lbs on a good day anyone know what those numbers mean

I think the 500/560 is for a heavier rider.

I'm 180#, and CSC recommend the 400/450 Progressive shock.

jb

willy dog 04-01-2016 12:12 PM

sometimes more is less with part numbers just want to make sure

willy dog 04-01-2016 12:58 PM

sent nova rider a pm need numbers off shock not box think it is just what i need

SpudRider 04-01-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbfla (Post 209700)
I think the 500/560 is for a heavier rider.

I'm 180#, and CSC recommend the 400/450 Progressive shock.

jb

Quote:

Originally Posted by willy dog (Post 209724)
sometimes more is less with part numbers just want to make sure

Quote:

Originally Posted by willy dog (Post 209727)
sent nova rider a pm need numbers off shock not box think it is just what i need

JB is correct. The 500/560 shock is the beefier spring for larger riders. If you ordered the Progressive shock from CSC, they would recommend the 500/560 spring for you. ;)

NoVa Rider 04-01-2016 02:18 PM

Correction on Shock Spring weight

Quick update on my "for sale" posting. I had not previously opened the box, but in response to a question, I just took a look at the Progressive Shock itself (and it is a thing of beauty) and see that there is a sticker on the spring that reads "1158 400/450." So I assume, based on what other posters have noted, that this is the lighter spring for lighter/average riders. Apparently the sticker on the outside of the box that I was going on was incorrect.

Sorry for any misunderstanding, and I appreciate the postings that have helped explain what it is that I have.

Again, PM me if you are interested in the shock and centerstand.

SpudRider 04-01-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoVa Rider (Post 209737)
Quick update on my "for sale" posting. I had not previously opened the box, but in response to a question, I just took a look at the Progressive Shock itself (and it is a thing of beauty) and see that there is a sticker on the spring that reads "1158 400/450." So I assume, based on what other posters have noted, that this is the lighter spring for lighter/average riders. Apparently the sticker on the outside of the box that I was going on was incorrect.

Sorry for any misunderstanding, and I appreciate the postings that have helped explain what it is that I have.

Again, PM me if you are interested in the shock and centerstand.

You are correct; the 400/450 spring is for lighter riders. The 500/560 spring is for heavier riders. ;)

pyoungbl 04-01-2016 02:49 PM

NoVa, I'll take the shock!

Peter Y.