ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Hawk 250 Open Shut Slider Switch HELP!!! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18445)

michaelmania 03-11-2017 11:34 AM

Hawk 250 Open Shut Slider Switch HELP!!!

I am putting together my hawk today. My son moved the little slider next to the ignition key from open to shut. How the heck do you get it back open??? I don't want to force it, it feels like I'm not doing something right.

BlackBike 03-11-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelmania (Post 246377)
I am putting together my hawk today. My son moved the little slider next to the ignition key from open to shut. How the heck do you get it back open??? I don't want to force it, it feels like I'm not doing something right.

I don't have one of those but I think you use that plastic multi sided tool thing included to switch it back open :shrug:

joeboyk 03-11-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelmania (Post 246377)

Use your ignition key,look at the black plastic part it fits in there to open it back up

michaelmania 03-11-2017 03:48 PM

Thanks

Jesus I'm an idiot for not seeing that. Thanks!

tonyb 04-07-2017 07:41 PM

Open shut switch...

Thanks, I now know how to move it back to open but what does it do?

tonyb 04-07-2017 07:42 PM

OK, what does it do?

Ariel Red Hunter 04-07-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelmania (Post 246425)
Jesus I'm an idiot for not seeing that. Thanks!

Hey, be happy. If that's the most idiotic thing you do in this life, you're way ahead of Ariel Red Hunter.....ARH

Ariel Red Hunter 04-07-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyb (Post 250768)
Thanks, I now know how to move it back to open but what does it do?

It is supposed to make it more difficult to steal the motor cycle....ARH

tonyb 04-09-2017 04:18 AM

Got it, thanks!

Thanks, I feel much more secure now :hmm:

TB

pete 04-09-2017 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter (Post 250772)
It is supposed to make it more difficult to steal the motor cycle....ARH

yamaha's version costs you close to 4 grand if yer lose the red IDing/programing key...
new ignition lock & new ecu with a new set of keys....
bloody worlds gone mad...
look after that red key like gold...

Ariel Red Hunter 04-09-2017 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 250919)
yamaha's version costs you close to 4 grand if yer lose the red IDing/programing key...
new ignition lock & new ecu with a new set of keys....
bloody worlds gone mad...
look after that red key like gold...

Hey, some people are in love with all that electronic stuff on a bike, or in a car, no matter the cost. Personaly, I don't want any thing electronic besides a radio in my car, or a magneto on my bike. I was going to buy a boyer ignition for my R-90 S Beemer before going on a long trip. Dealer said he'd be happy to sell me one, and put it in, BUT if it fails when you get away from here, you'll have to call me to send you one. On the other hand, if you just buy a set of new points and a condenser, you don't need me to tell you how to fix it. He said buy that and a spare front and rear tube, and you're good to go. When I got back home, of course I had used none of the spares. But peace of mind that I had them along.