ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Check your rear brakes. (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17677)

jdiggyd 10-24-2016 01:11 PM

Check your rear brakes.

I haven't really rode a whole lot, but like others, what little time I have the bike hasn't really been real strong. Would hardly act like it would lift the front wheel.

Started off the other day as I would normally do, stop by the bank, get something to eat, ect. On my way I went to hit the rear brake, it wouldn't budge. The bolt that helps determine height had worked its way loose and shook down till it had started pressing the pedal down slightly. I pulled over adjusted it with the little wrench in the tool kit, thank god.

Now all of a sudden the bike is a whole new beast. So much so that i let it get away from me. Anyway all I have to say is thank you CSC rack.

jimwildman 10-24-2016 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdiggyd (Post 234405)
I haven't really rode a whole lot, but like others, what little time I have the bike hasn't really been real strong. Would hardly act like it would lift the front wheel.

Started off the other day as I would normally do, stop by the bank, get something to eat, ect. On my way I went to hit the rear brake, it wouldn't budge. The bolt that helps determine height had worked its way loose and shook down till it had started pressing the pedal down slightly. I pulled over adjusted it with the little wrench in the tool kit, thank god.

Now all of a sudden the bike is a whole new beast. So much so that i let it get away from me. Anyway all I have to say is thank you CSC rack.

hadnt you noticed any drag when moving the bike around in neutral?

Motocheese has warned us to make sure there is a tiny bit of play to prevent the brake from binding up. I have cheked it a few times..

never had to worry about wheelies, I can get it up over a log or the like, but its never come up on its own.

Weldangrind 10-25-2016 11:05 AM

I think the stop bolt on mine has a jam nut to prevent it from backing out. I better go check...

jdiggyd 10-25-2016 05:08 PM

I never noticed a difficulty of it moving in neutral because it was there from the beginning. It was a new bike. I checked the play in he pedal when I first got it but I didn't check the lock nuts.

After checking the damage to my bike it looks like I'll seen a new frame I guess. Bracket that holds the right foot rest and the rear brake spring is all smashed and twisted to hell and the welds are broken. Other than that it looks fairly intact, and my rack has an upward sweep. Either way I can't ride it if I don't have a place to put my foot down.

Ariel Red Hunter 10-25-2016 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdiggyd (Post 234486)
I never noticed a difficulty of it moving in neutral because it was there from the beginning. It was a new bike. I checked the play in he pedal when I first got it but I didn't check the lock nuts.

After checking the damage to my bike it looks like I'll seen a new frame I guess. Bracket that holds the right foot rest and the rear brake spring is all smashed and twisted to hell and the welds are broken. Other than that it looks fairly intact, and my rack has an upward sweep. Either way I can't ride it if I don't have a place to put my foot down.

I wouldn't think you need a new frame. Just about any body with a MIG or TIG welder can fix you up.