ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Bashan 250 Enduro has some speed!! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16030)

Coleguy 03-08-2016 09:29 PM

Bashan 250 Enduro has some speed!!

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys just a little update. My bashan dual sport has hit just about 100 miles today, break in period has been good, no problems at all...well just one problem..at random times it does not want to shift or its hard to shift. Does not happen often but randomly just happens where I'll be stuck in a certain gear then it will allow me to change. Anyway today I got on a nice straight road that was slightly on a hill but to my surprise my bike hit 60 and I wasn't even wide open! On my gps it clocked at 57mph. I wasn't even in 5th gear yet I was in 4 and the bike wasn't screaming. I'm pretty excited because I'm using it mainly for street use but I haven't gave it a good hard go for speed yet . I see many people on the forum talk about lack of speed and or power and how their bike won't go past 50...I'm not sure why that is. Many people have the hawk but not many people on here have the Chinese bike I have. I wish more people had those! But yeah just checking in, let me know how your dual sports are doing with speed especially if you have the bashan 250 (not the storm model)

BlackBike 03-08-2016 09:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bone stock, You will find it hits the cieling (bogs, limiter?) At 61 to 63 using gps. Using speedo it says 67mph. Yes , it's a pretty stable platform and feels secure at higher speeds (was surprised too). I have exact model, just painted the hips:hehe:

I have also plowed thru wild hog thrashed terrain which it sokes up quite well . It's light and you can throw it around with confidence. I am coming close to 300 miles in mine. Have found the transmission is breaking in smother - also tighten that clutch cable and cinch up those fork boots to the top to keep them clean. Enjoy

Ps 10 amp fuse under seat if starter stops working. Make sure the air box tube is connected to the carb. Don't need dirty air.

Attachment 4864

BlackBike 03-08-2016 10:18 PM

PSS

Romex electric wire makes great tie straps. ;)

Coleguy 03-09-2016 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 206788)
Bone stock, You will find it hits the cieling (bogs, limiter?) At 61 to 63 using gps. Using speedo it says 67mph. Yes , it's a pretty stable platform and feels secure at higher speeds (was surprised too). I have exact model, just painted the hips:hehe:

I have also plowed thru wild hog thrashed terrain which it sokes up quite well . It's light and you can throw it around with confidence. I am coming close to 300 miles in mine. Have found the transmission is breaking in smother - also tighten that clutch cable and cinch up those fork boots to the top to keep them clean. Enjoy

Ps 10 amp fuse under seat if starter stops working. Make sure the air box tube is connected to the carb. Don't need dirty air.

Attachment 4864

That's awesome! I haven't pushed this bike to the limit yet but as you said its pretty impressive for it being bone stock. I imagine we could get a little more speed after making a few upgrades and adjustments, such as carbs or sprocket setups. I am painting my hips black because I think the white on there is a bit ugly. Let me know what upgrades you do to yours and how the speed is going!

BARLOW 03-09-2016 12:38 PM

i can not get my storm 250 over 55 in stock form in 5th gear wot if i lay down on the tank ... i hope if i get a set of jets or a new carb and jets it will help a lot ... if i get to 55 and give it any more throttle it slows down

BlackBike 03-09-2016 05:52 PM

I made a high speed pass today wind at back. Made it to wot for a good min w/out bogging and an indicated 70 MPH before I backed out of it (indicated, should have had gps with me). :yay: It's singing, although I supposed to not be pushing it till after 500 miles seem to recall. Cool and damp conditions today.

Barlow, is your carb sealed to the airbox, mine was too short and had to make a intake extension with a 1 1/4 pvc coupler to make the seal.(used a heat gun to make it fit) Just checking.

Maybe the black paint on the rear covers was a nice performance addition too.

jjn 03-12-2016 09:38 PM

Where did you two get those bikes from?

BlackBike 03-12-2016 10:19 PM

Jon mine was a West coast seller in San Francisco gokartsusa.com mine is the lesser option version of the bashan storm . Bashan blaze . There is even one on amazon (storm). Lightweight and mine runs like a champ. PS has a Lifan engine.

jjn 03-12-2016 11:24 PM

Thank you. I'll check these guys out.

Found it. Took a while, as they have it under "Apollo bikes".

BlackBike 03-13-2016 03:21 AM

Yeah I don't know who put those websites together. They're just plain wrong.

Onealb96 10-24-2017 10:57 AM

I’ve also got the 2015 Bashan Blaze 250 Enduro. I’ve got about 1000 miles on mine. Haven’t had too many issues. Main fuse blowing, battery dying, and I’m not a fan of having the key in it when you use the electric start. I’m having problems finding replacement plastics.

Merlin 10-24-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealb96 (Post 267619)
I’ve also got the 2015 Bashan Blaze 250 Enduro. I’ve got about 1000 miles on mine. Haven’t had too many issues. Main fuse blowing, battery dying, and I’m not a fan of having the key in it when you use the electric start. I’m having problems finding replacement plastics.

You can get a complete set of plastics for our bikes on Taobao for around $100 shipped.