ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   My Impression on the CSC RC3 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19398)

Chaco 06-23-2017 01:26 PM

My Impression on the CSC RC3

New to riding and this was my first bike purchase.
While shopping for a bike, I went to a dealer and was surprised at how much they charged for an entry level bike. They were trying to sell Ninja 300, Yamaha R3, Honda CBR300 for roughly $4400-4800 not include tax and “other fees”. They would quote me OTD price of $5700-$6000 which was obsurd. Then I see CSC and what lit up my eyes was the OTD/ Price tag. After tax it came out to be around $3200 since I bought it during the “don’t miss the boat” program.
After owning this for almost 8 months with 5k miles I can say I am happy with my purchase with some slight complaints:
Parts -. Some parts from the RX3 may fit but apparently the brake pads are different and I believe the sprockets are different as well. I cant find any replacement parts other than at CSC. So should this company go out of business, I feel I may be S.O.L. Some parts could be found on Aliexpress but not everything.
Instruction booklet – My biggest peeve would be this. It seems that they used the RX3 owner and service manual and just changed a couple of words to add comments like “The RC3 should be similar”. All the pictures and instructions are based on the RX3. I know they share the same engine but I ran into a problem when trying to do my first recommended valve check. After stripping the bike and finally getting access to the valves, I wasn’t able to do it due to the clearance on the RC3. The picture which was based on the RX3 made it seem easy as there seems to be a lot more clearance on the RX3. Suffice to say, I was not able to do it with my hands. I ended up riding to CSC to have the Jerry the mechanic work on it. Would have been nice if they actually did a manual with pictures based on the actual RC3

Chaco 06-23-2017 01:27 PM

New to riding and this was my first bike purchase.

While shopping for a bike, I went to a dealer and was surprised at how much they charged for an entry level bike. They were trying to sell Ninja 300, Yamaha R3, Honda CBR300 for roughly $4400-4800 not include tax and “other fees”. They would quote me OTD price of $5700-$6000 which was obsurd. Then I see CSC and what lit up my eyes was the OTD/ Price tag. After tax it came out to be around $3200 since I bought it during the “don’t miss the boat” program.

After owning this for almost 8 months with 5k miles I can say I am happy with my purchase with some slight complaints:

Parts -. Some parts from the RX3 may fit but apparently the brake pads are different and I believe the sprockets are different as well. I cant find any replacement parts other than at CSC. So should this company go out of business, I feel I may be S.O.L. Some parts could be found on Aliexpress but not everything.

Instruction booklet – My biggest peeve would be this. It seems that they used the RX3 owner and service manual and just changed a couple of words to add comments like “The RC3 should be similar”. All the pictures and instructions are based on the RX3. I know they share the same engine but I ran into a problem when trying to do my first recommended valve check. After stripping the bike and finally getting access to the valves, I wasn’t able to do it due to the clearance on the RC3. The picture which was based on the RX3 made it seem easy as there seems to be a lot more clearance on the RX3. Suffice to say, I was not able to do it with my hands. I ended up riding to CSC to have the Jerry the mechanic work on it. Would have been nice if they actually did a manual with pictures based on the actual RC3

1cylinderwonder 06-23-2017 09:37 PM

Must like it a lot!!!!!

You must like your RC3 quite a bit to post twice regarding it?
:lmao: :yay:
Hope you enjoy it! :tup: