ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dealer & Distributor Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   OrionPowersports.com so far so good. (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19101)

Irishjew 05-18-2017 08:13 PM

OrionPowersports.com so far so good.

Placed an order for a 2017 Apollo AGB-36 250cc dirt bike on the 10th and it arrived today the 18th. The bike came unharmed and the nice people at R-L carriers rolled into my garage for me. I had many questions and they answered their phone every time I called and answered emails within a few hours. The bike was supposed to come with 2 quarts of new oil and an extra NGK spark plug but it didn't make onto the truck apparently. They are making it right and are already sending me the missing "free starter kit". I wont get to put the bike together until next week but I do not think there will be any issues. The bike actually came with a decent instruction and assembly manual and everything looks to be here. I just requested the MCO/Title documents so I will update the review once it arrives. So far I am very pleased with the folks over at OrionPowersports.com.

dpl096 05-18-2017 09:29 PM

Nice to see a positive experience. Enjoy that memory maker:tup:

BlackBike 05-18-2017 10:45 PM

That Orion Apollo outfit seems to be pretty nice stuff. Nice website for wholesale etc. Always good to see these China bikes arrive safely. Hope the good luck continues through the build!

2LZ 05-19-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishjew (Post 256325)
Placed an order for a 2017 Apollo AGB-36 250cc dirt bike on the 10th and it arrived today the 18th. The bike came unharmed and the nice people at R-L carriers rolled into my garage for me. I had many questions and they answered their phone every time I called and answered emails within a few hours. The bike was supposed to come with 2 quarts of new oil and an extra NGK spark plug but it didn't make onto the truck apparently. They are making it right and are already sending me the missing "free starter kit". I wont get to put the bike together until next week but I do not think there will be any issues. The bike actually came with a decent instruction and assembly manual and everything looks to be here. I just requested the MCO/Title documents so I will update the review once it arrives. So far I am very pleased with the folks over at OrionPowersports.com.

That's great! Glad to hear you've been treated well by the Orion folks.
I've always really liked those Apollo 250's. If I ever get another "dirt only" trail bike, that will be it, for sure. They're CARB Approved. Nice bonus.

Azhule 05-19-2017 10:48 AM

My computer refuses to load the OrionPowersports website... might have some kind of bug on it... I notice with all the "Firewall/Anitmalware" stuff I run on my computer, it refuses to load anything that might be a "security risk"...

Glad to hear everything is good and working out so far :tup:

BlackBike 05-20-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhule (Post 256419)
My computer refuses to load the OrionPowersports website... might have some kind of bug on it... I notice with all the "Firewall/Anitmalware" stuff I run on my computer, it refuses to load anything that might be a "security risk"...

Glad to hear everything is good and working out so far :tup:

I hear ya. I viewed on my android tablet. That dam windows is frightening with all the holes it has. Had an issue myself a while ago and makes me wonder about the thing everysince

Irishjew 05-31-2017 03:10 AM

Got the free starter kit today. Now I am only waiting on the MCO. Really impressed that they are actually responsive when I have questions.

2LZ 05-31-2017 10:25 AM

Any pics yet? We're addicted to shiny stuff.

Irishjew 05-31-2017 05:05 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 257760)
Any pics yet? We're addicted to shiny stuff.

Here are some pics so far. I just did the second heat cycle and put on the the plastics and Polispro headlight. The headlight is not wired yet because I have a tusk tail light, turn signals, horn and trail tech speedometer to install to install along with it.

JerryHawk250 05-31-2017 05:09 PM

WOW! Bike looks awesome. :tup: Like the headlight and don't put any decals. Leave it just like it is.

Irishjew 05-31-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 257826)
WOW! Bike looks awesome. :tup: Like the headlight and don't put any decals. Leave it just like it is.

I am a anti-decal type of person too. lol.

Irishjew 06-06-2017 02:50 PM

19 days down, still waiting on MCO to register dirt bike. I will give it until day 30 before I ask what is going on with it.

2LZ 06-06-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishjew (Post 258509)
19 days down, still waiting on MCO to register dirt bike. I will give it until day 30 before I ask what is going on with it.

Fingers crossed for you on the mCO. Hopefully Apollo will come through.

I really like the bike! It's an OHC??? I don't think it's a pushrod CG motor is it???

Irishjew 06-06-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 258512)
Fingers crossed for you on the mCO. Hopefully Apollo will come through.

I really like the bike! It's an OHC??? I don't think it's a pushrod CG motor is it???

It is an OHC 223cc engine

culcune 06-06-2017 09:09 PM

Great photos; bike looks like the 'real deal' (as far as Chinese powersports go :) )! I wonder why it takes some of these dealers so long to get a stupid piece of paper to the customer?? My friends used to distribute TMEC 200 enduros and other products (they still do), and they would send the MCO with the bike, or within a few days! I got a special deal on my TMEC, and the MCO was inside the box in an envelope (I had also purchased a 50cc scooter for a friend's sister, and that was in the envelope, too)! I know it really and truly is not rocket science to get MCOs out in a timely manner, unless my friend's distributorship is really and truly special??