ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dealer & Distributor Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   SSR Motorsports XF200/XP250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=12051)

culcune 01-26-2013 12:23 AM

SSR Motorsports XF200/XP250

I can't link to SSR's site because I am on a tablet, but SSR has the MSRP for their new Pioneer manufactured enduros. For months, SSR only had 'coming soon' under the photos, but now they must have finalized certification and have them in stock. The site is www.ssrmotorsports.com

SpudRider 01-27-2013 06:45 PM

Thanks for doing the legwork, Culcune. :) Please let us know when you can confirm the bikes have arrived.

Spud :)

Oengus 03-20-2013 02:02 AM

SSR XP200/XP250

These bikes have finally arrived in the USA and can be bought online.
http://cimages3.carsforsale.com/3648...4C7CF7CB_3.jpg

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...hp?4285-Qingqi

SpudRider 03-20-2013 02:06 AM

Long time, no see! Thanks for stopping by and posting the good information, Oengus! :D

Oengus 03-20-2013 02:10 AM

Your welcome, we all share an interest in these.

I am on the fence about purchasing one of these.... :?

SpudRider 03-20-2013 02:16 AM

Do you still have your QLink, Oengus? If so, I hope it's running well. :)

These Qingqi/Pioneer motorcycles are nice bikes, and the price is certainly competitive at $2,000, delivered. ;) The vendors of Chinese motorcycles have been pretty greedy, lately. :roll: However, these bikes compare well with the $1,499, delivered, price of the QLink XF200 bikes a few years ago. :)

Oengus 03-20-2013 02:19 AM

They are asking 2999.00 for the 250 and 2599.00 for the 200.

Currently they are online for 2799.00 and 2399.00 including freight.

I still have the the Qlink and its still running great, not a problem, not one.
I will likely sell it if I get a 250.

SpudRider 03-20-2013 02:26 AM

I'm glad to hear your QLink is running well. :)

Thanks for correcting me regarding the prices. I trusted the prices quoted in the MCM thread, without bothering to check the vendor's website. ;) The actual prices are $500 and $800 higher, respectively, than the prices quoted in the MCM thread. :roll:

These are nice motorcycles. However, whenever the price approaches $2,000, I think it's time to seriously consider looking for a good deal on a slightly used, Japanese bike, rather than buying a new, Chinese bike. ;)

Oengus 03-20-2013 02:28 AM

I agree, It may not be worth the risk/hassles.

SpudRider 03-20-2013 02:36 AM

Exactly. ;) There are no risks, and no possible frustrations involved with owning a Japanese motorcycle. ;) Also, if you are patient, you can find a lot of good deals on slightly used, Japanese bikes. :) For example, I bought my 2005 Honda XR650L with 7,800 miles on the odometer, for $2,000. I recently bought a 2004 Honda CRF250X with 140 hours on the clock, for $2,100. ;)

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...wtopic&t=10873
http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...wtopic&t=15398

Doug 10-21-2013 05:44 PM

Q-Link or SSR XP or XF Models.... 200cc or 250cc... and CA legal. OK... I am a CA dealer, and know that the current 2013 Q-Link models do not have California approvals. SSR does however, and they offer the same exact bikes as Q-Link ... but you have a choice of 200cc or 250cc. And, all of the SSR models come with Front & Rear Disk Brakes... and adjustable front Black Inverted forks.... and nice rack on the rear.... not the floppy handles like Q-Link. Much better bike than the Q-Link. I use to deal with Q-Link, and can see the difference. They all come from the same factory, but SSR spends the extra money.

Something we did is send out the seats on our Motard, and Dual Sport and had then cut down about 3", softened, and made with a very nice gripper on top, carbon fiber on the sides, and color matching stitching. Everyone loves the new-redone seats!

Here is our web site with the bikes.... http://atvwholesaleoutlet.com/html/motorcycles.html or here.... http://atvwholesaleoutlet.com/html/products.html

Don't get me wrong. The Q-Link is a very good bike. Light years ahead of the old simple Chinese 200GY and 250GY bikes made by so many companies. I just find the refinements on the SSR to really top off the already perfect bikes.

The main factory for both Q-Link and SSR is Qingqi. Here is an introduction to them from their English China Site.... http://www.qingqi.com.cn/en/aboutqingqi.aspx

culcune 10-21-2013 10:38 PM

I was under the impression that Qlink was OEMd by Qingqi, and SSR by Pioneer (which doesn't really make a difference since both are connected in some weird Chinese corporate way).

I still see 2013 Qlinks sold through JP Motorsports, but they, too, have picked up the SSR 200's and 250's, and seem to be trying to sell off their remaining Qlinks.

waynec 12-08-2013 10:12 PM

Hey culcune....just noticed your location and figured you would know the local market better than anybody. I have a place in Tucson... for now just spending the month of Feb....but hope to spend more time there soon. Looking to find a bargain on a little street bike or dual/sport. An old Shadow or other Japanese brand or a real cheap Lifan or Roketa. Let me know if you spot anything?.
The SSR looks solid but i'm not interested in that price range. They must be selling but once a Chinese make gets over $1500 delivered I dont see taking a shot. My kids still rib me for the Gio Beast I had for a couple of years. Great education on how to tinker and modify and I almost got all my money out of it. Good times but if not for this site I would have .....wait...I dont even want to think how I would have managed with-out the advice I got from this site ...????

thx....waynec

Weldangrind 12-08-2013 10:55 PM

You gave plenty of good Beast advice as well, Wayne. I'm pleased to see you hanging around the shop again.

Doug 12-09-2013 12:55 AM

Guys,

I am a Sacramento CA dealer, and can tell you that SSR sets a mandatory fixed price. We are not aloud to advertise/sell the bikes at any other price. See the prices on our web site. http://atvwholesaleoutlet.com/html/on-road.html

We have carried the Qlink bikes in the past. Not bad bikes, but the SSR is better. Qlink offers drum back brakes and a 200cc motor only. SSR is disk front and rear, and has a 250cc motor. They also have adjustable front inverted forks. They also have a nice rear carrying rack.... Qlink does not.

I have sold both brands for years.... and we just don't have problems with them. I have 4 local motorcycle driving schools that all have fleets of our bikes, and never have problems either..... just needing levers from students dropping them all day.

Hint: Do not buy from online dealers no matter what the discount. Good luck with assembly, missing parts, no start problems, and warranty issues. Then good luck at DMV getting it registered. Go to a reputable licensed dealership with knowledgeable staff, parts and service depts to avoid regretting your purchase. Would you buy a Harley, Ferrari or wife mail order....? No I take that back..... some of you would to save a buck..... hahahahaha

Doug 12-09-2013 01:21 AM

Chinese Dual Sports are Not all = Equal.

I see allot of guys saying over $1500 or over $2000 I will not buy a bike. Let me help with this decision. I am not trying to be a sales person either, I have owned ridden and built them all..... in 10 years of owning a Chinese Only Dealership.

10 years ago I started with a 200GY from Lifan, and a 200GY from Shineray. Both made in the Chongqing central region of China. I have been to China Countless Times in the last 10 years, and Imported my own line. I know the factories in all areas of Chongqing, Zhejiang, and Guangzhou.

The original 150-200cc GY bikes I could find everywhere were not bad bikes, but in comparison to the Qlink, and SSR bikes..... they were absolute junk. I put almost 15,000 miles on a pair of the old 200GYs that I took to Baja several times per year. We did on road, and off road riding, and rode them hard. Not bad for a $1500 bike!

What was bad about the old GY bikes?
These bikes could be made at one of 150 different motorcycle assembly plants.
The panels would not go onto the bikes well.
Hard time lining up parts to assemble the bike.
Over all Fit & Finish was SHI#@$%^$% !!!
Cheap parts for the most part.
Hard shocks
Steel rims and handle bars
Very old Pushrod CG Honda Type Motor from late 70s
Crap Exhaust
Crap cables
Crap Slider/Cable only Carburetors

Qlink & SSR Bikes are only made by Pioneer / Qingqi. The main company is Qingqi. They have been in bed with Suzuki for over 30 years, and French Pueugeot for over 10. The company is massive, and Government Owned.... meaning unlimited R&D. This is as close as you come to seeing a mirror image of a Tokyo Plant in China. Good Stuff!!!

Fit & Finish on the entire bike is just like a $6000 Japanese Bike.
Parts quality is like Japan.
The engine is like the Suzuki DR200SE... so much more smooth and modern than GY bikes, and the old CG motors.
These engines actually have a oil filter... CGs do not.
The Qlink and SSR motors have 2x the oil capacity of the old CG motors.
The carburetors are modern vacuum operated, and come from Japan.

If you took the old and new out for a day of riding.... you would see the HUGE difference.
If you had to assemble, PDI, Tune and prepare a old and new bike out of the box for a customer, you would see a HUGE difference!!!

I assure you, there is no comparison from the old GY bikes, to the modern Qlink and SSR bikes. Do not be afraid to spend $3000 on a new one. It's still 1/2 the cost of the counterpart from Japan.... and almost the same bike.

I hope this helps......

waynec 12-09-2013 09:55 AM

Thanks for the great info Doug. Very interesting.

FastDoc 12-09-2013 11:13 AM

Great info.

Thanks!

I have owned 2 Q's and 2 GY's. Although the GY's were fine, no comparison between their quality and ride and performance to that of the Q's.

waynec 12-09-2013 05:14 PM

Thanks W&G.....i was telling you I find the cost of used bikes in the US a little wonky sometimes. I bought a new Honda Shadow RS last year for 6K here in Ottawa. Today Craigslist in Tucson has a bunch of older Shadows and they want $4500. Seems to me they should be more in the 3K range. Same as the Chinabikes I guess...somebodys buyin 'em?? Of course, maybe I am a very skilled negotiator.....so I got that going for me anyway.
Does waynev ever come around any more?......w

Weldangrind 12-09-2013 08:53 PM

Haven't seen him in a long time; perhaps summer of last year. Funny you should bring him up, because I just found the Beast decals that he made for me. When it warms up a little, I'll install them.

katoranger 12-09-2013 08:56 PM

From what I understand for Canada pricing you got a good deal on the honda.

Weldangrind 12-09-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katoranger (Post 161192)
From what I understand for Canada pricing you got a good deal on the honda.

That totally depends upon where the purchase takes place, but I agree.

waynec 12-09-2013 10:50 PM

The RS is not retailed in Canada anymore but you still have them. Dealers could not unload the inventory they had as the model wound down. I took one look and knew it was a beautiful thing!! Now they are in demand and considered a 'premium' bike so dealers are pretty happy to take them on trade. I accept that my measure for comparison may be tilted but it doesn't matter the product....we all think/hope our used stuff is worth more that it is. And I am a 'value' buyer after all....

http://s628.photobucket.com/user/cer...dcc5b.jpg.html
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps672dcc5b.jpg

SpudRider 12-09-2013 11:21 PM

Here's your photo, Wayne. :)

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps672dcc5b.jpg

waynec 12-09-2013 11:30 PM

Nipped at the wire......thanks for the assistance Spud. I was copying the wrong link......and my cursor seemed reluctant to get the copy to 'take'. I am used to highlighting and copying...but PhotoB works it differently I guess.

Why look at this...I am now only 14,606 posts behind you on this site....w

SpudRider 12-09-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waynec (Post 161205)
Nipped at the wire......thanks for the assistance Spud. I was copying the wrong link......and my cursor seemed reluctant to get the copy to 'take'. I am used to highlighting and copying...but PhotoB works it differently I guess.

Why look at this...I am now only 14,606 posts behind you on this site....w

You're welcome. :)

The great Satchel Paige has a famous quote.

"Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you."

:lol:

Weldangrind 12-10-2013 10:26 AM

Sweet Shadow, Wayne. Extra style points for the exhaust wrap.

I covet your landscaping.

waynec 12-10-2013 05:12 PM

Thanks.....you have to know I am too much the mizer to have paid for that! I had a love affair with cement and interlock for a decade or so. The steps and wall have generous footings. Something interesting for any sustainable resourse folks among us. Papercrete.

http://youtu.be/RXrzq0Saet8

Spud....no worries on my catching you folks on the post pace. I am not interesting enough to hold an audience for so long. At least thats what my Mother keeps telling me.......

culcune 12-10-2013 08:57 PM

Wayne, bikes are pretty much overpriced here in Arizona, as you are seeing. Since I have family in L.A., and used to live there, I am not intimidated by the place, and regularly check Craigslist there to see all the deals available. I don't know which direction you will take to get to Tucson (if flying rather than driving, this will not work for you), there are always low-priced unregistered GY's in L.A. for sale; they can't be registered there (but have little to no problems in Arizona), so people try to dump them onto other Californians with ads that often state "easy to register,but I have other projects, so never went to the DMV" or other such lies. I see them somewhat regularly offered for $500 or so.

culcune 12-10-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 161138)

I see allot of guys saying over $1500 or over $2000 I will not buy a bike. Let me help with this decision. I am not trying to be a sales person either, I have owned ridden and built them all..... in 10 years of owning a Chinese Only Dealership.

I think the difference is financing versus cash at this point. I have a TMEC 200 which has all the 'bad' stuff, but it has been very reliable the year since I took ownership (I bought it used). Fit is alot better than my old Jetmoto 200 GY, while finish is probably about the same. I would buy another one for $1600.

I have toyed with the idea of trying to finance a SSR 250 with the fat tires (I like the look of those tires, even if the motard-style ones, like on my TMEC, are probably better suited to my 30 mile daily commute ( 15 miles each way). I figure the payments should be low for a $2700 bike. I know that the members with Qlinks, from4 or more years ago (I am guessing some are/were your customers since they live(d) in Sacramento) have always been pleased with their bikes. I couldn't imagine the 250, with more power, wouldn't be 'better' still, all other things being equal and relative (compared to the 200).

waynec 12-14-2013 02:07 PM

Hi Doug.........you refer to older bikes as being inferior and refer to them as the old 150 and 200gy's....but the SSR's are both described as a 200GY and 250GY. Help me understand what GY aspect these bikes all have in common? What does it mean? It seems to be a very generic term and its tough to follow.....thx...wayne

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 161138)

10 years ago I started with a 200GY from Lifan, and a 200GY from Shineray. Both made in the Chongqing central region of China. I have been to China Countless Times in the last 10 years, and Imported my own line. I know the factories in all areas of Chongqing, Zhejiang, and Guangzhou.

The original 150-200cc GY bikes I could find everywhere were not bad bikes, but in comparison to the Qlink, and SSR bikes..... they were absolute junk. I put almost 15,000 miles on a pair of the old 200GYs that I took to Baja several times per year. We did on road, and off road riding, and rode them hard. Not bad for a $1500 bike!

What was bad about the old GY bikes?
These bikes could be made at one of 150 different motorcycle assembly plants.
The panels would not go onto the bikes well.
Hard time lining up parts to assemble the bike.
Over all Fit & Finish was SHI#@$%^$% !!!
Cheap parts for the most part.
Hard shocks
Steel rims and handle bars
Very old Pushrod CG Honda Type Motor from late 70s
Crap Exhaust
Crap cables
Crap Slider/Cable only Carburetors

Qlink & SSR Bikes are only made by Pioneer / Qingqi. The main company is Qingqi. They have been in bed with Suzuki for over 30 years, and French Pueugeot for over 10. The company is massive, and Government Owned.... meaning unlimited R&D. This is as close as you come to seeing a mirror image of a Tokyo Plant in China. Good Stuff!!!

Fit & Finish on the entire bike is just like a $6000 Japanese Bike.
Parts quality is like Japan.
The engine is like the Suzuki DR200SE... so much more smooth and modern than GY bikes, and the old CG motors.
These engines actually have a oil filter... CGs do not.
The Qlink and SSR motors have 2x the oil capacity of the old CG motors.
The carburetors are modern vacuum operated, and come from Japan.

If you took the old and new out for a day of riding.... you would see the HUGE difference.
If you had to assemble, PDI, Tune and prepare a old and new bike out of the box for a customer, you would see a HUGE difference!!!

I assure you, there is no comparison from the old GY bikes, to the modern Qlink and SSR bikes. Do not be afraid to spend $3000 on a new one. It's still 1/2 the cost of the counterpart from Japan.... and almost the same bike.

I hope this helps......

SpudRider 12-14-2013 02:21 PM

I believe 'GY' is the designation the Chinese employ for any dual sport motorcycle. ;)

culcune 12-15-2013 03:11 PM

Not all GYs are created equally. I think that the manufacturers could come up with some more descriptive designations. For instance, the 'old' GYs could continue to be called a 'GY' provided a bike is a dirt or dual sport bike with an 'old' Honda cloned engine.

The Suzuki-like ones are already called XF, so that should be the name. If Zongshen ever brings back the Yamaha clone engine, those could be called something else.

I am not sure if the new range of liquid-cooled engines recently released by Shineray and most recently by Zongshen (i.e. their new RX3 shown on Mychinamoto) but if so, those could be referred to as something else.

Every time someone new joins up, and they obtained a low-cost bike from CL or trade, they usually have a GY. This way, we can have a visual, when they join and have no idea what it is. We can say, "oh, yeah, that is a Hondnoid" When Qlinks start showing up here as $ 500 deals, and the owner has no idea what it is, at least he/she could say "it's a XF" and we would have a good idea what it is they are referring to.

2LZ 04-23-2014 03:42 PM

Resurrecting an old thread here folks. I knew if I searched around enough after my absence, I'd find something on the SSR bikes.

I'm sure what Doug is referring to is the much older Hondanoids from the early days of the CB's being imported when he's referring to the "old GY's". The Q's and SSR's are lightyears ahead...though I have both.

I will vouch for Doug here as he's my dealer here in Sac. I've bought 4 bikes (2 Hensim 150's, an X-moto Hondanoid and my Q-link XP) and a quad (for my father-in-law) from him over the years and he's always been a straight shooter, pulls no punches and a hard worker who stands behind what he's sold me. He's also been able to provide every part I've needed every time I walk in the door, without having to order. His new shop in huge and just his parts and accessory section is downright impressive. He also spends almost a month every couple years travelling China making contacts and touring factories, so he's not just a mail-order guy whos signed a sheet of paper to deal CB's out of his garage, but knows the business and more importantly, which are the good factoies to buy from and which are not.
I feel very fortunate to have a good, local dealer and support. It really takes a lot of the worry out of owning a CB.
Could I buy online for cheaper? Most likely....but he's earned my business. If anyone ever gets a chance to visit his shop if you're coming through Nor Cal, you'll be happy that you did.

....and to answer your question....no, I don't work for him! :-)
I'd love to get my hands on one of the SSR 250's he's got.....but I think a ranch quad is next on the docket with our land that needs work..... Tractor pulls one cart, need a quad to pull the second cart.

SpudRider 04-23-2014 07:30 PM

It's nice to hear from you again, 2LZ. :tup: Thanks for posting the report of good customer service. :)

Weldangrind 04-24-2014 12:31 AM

Hey 2LZ! Thanks for letting us know that Doug is a straight shooter.