ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   CSC's Baja Trip 2016 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15505)

DanKearney 11-14-2015 12:49 PM

CSC's Baja Trip 2016

I added my name to the list today. Late March is iffy weather-wise riding out from Colorado, so I'm not sure yet if I'll trailer to California or ride.

Anyone else on this board going?

Cheers,

Dan K.

culcune 11-14-2015 12:52 PM

I probably won't be going, but you might end up coming through Yuma on the way to San Diego. Not sure where the ride is originating (i.e. from CSC headquarters) or across the border? If you come through Yuma, let me know!

SpudRider 11-14-2015 01:18 PM

I'm not going, but I'm glad to hear you are signed up for the trip. :tup: Please do take lots of photographs, and post a ride report after you return. :)

RedHawk47 11-15-2015 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanKearney (Post 197681)
I added my name to the list today. Late March is iffy weather-wise riding out from Colorado, so I'm not sure yet if I'll trailer to California or ride.

Anyone else on this board going?

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan,
I am going. Perhaps we can work something together. I'm in Berthoud, Colorado.
However, I am trying to organize a second Baja trip with some California friends either before or after the CSC trip. That may complicate things.
Dan N

DanKearney 11-15-2015 11:04 AM

Dan,

Joe B. sent me the dates of the ride, but added a note that the group might leave a day or two early. I asked him to let me know when he'd decide on that as I need to plan days off in advance and can't change them at the last minute.

Since late March is highly variable snow-wise, I've got three plans for heading to Calif.

1. If weather is clear all the way: Ride I70 / I15 all the way. Quickest route.

2. If Weather is iffy: Take the southern route. Ride I25 to Albuquerque, then I40 west.

3. If weather bad: Trailer the bike using the clearest route.

I figure regardless of route, there'll be one overnight along the way.

Cheers,

Dan K.

GSC 11-15-2015 11:50 AM

I wanna go too.
I'll sign up today.
Ralley Point?
Probably truck my bike to Ralley Point, thats such a drone on I-40 west.
Maybe we ( colorado new mexico people) go together?
gary of taos

3banger 11-15-2015 09:18 PM

I'm going and plan to ride as well from western CO if the weather is good enough. If not I'll likely be hauling the bike down on my bumper carrier. The tricky part will be riding home, we can forecast the the weather easily on the way out but it hard to know what it will be on the way home once your committed to riding the bike. Guess that's way it's an adventure bike...

marzhere 11-17-2015 08:42 PM

Sounds like Colorado will be well represented :clap:. Mark is officially in.

rojo_grande 11-17-2015 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marzhere (Post 198005)
Sounds like Colorado will be well represented :clap:. Mark is officially in.

I'm Mark. Otherwise know as marzhere's other half, chief cook, and RX3 test rider. I've graciously volunteered to take her bike to Baja and back. :hehe:

Weather dependent, I can ride out, haul the bike on a hitch carrier, or if need be I have a trailer that can haul a couple bikes if someone needs a lift.

Thanks
Mark

SpudRider 11-17-2015 10:41 PM

Welcome to these forums, Mark. We are glad you joined Marlissa, and the rest of us. :)

Indeed, this expedition should be called the Colorado Baja Trip. ;)

RedHawk47 11-17-2015 11:11 PM

CSC Baja trip

I'm planning on trailering.
I don't trust the weather to be nice both directions
I don't like motorcycling on Interstate Highways, particularly the buffeting from other vehicles.
I'm burned out on high mileage days. In September I did 1500 miles in three days with NO interstate to get to the Horizons Unlimited meeting and a similar ride home. Too much. Got to slow down and smell the roses. That's why I bought the RX3.

My trailer has room for three bikes but my truck only has room for two persons (Tacoma X-cab). Glad to share if it works with the rest of my schedule.

Dan N

Huck369 11-18-2015 07:19 AM

I wish I could go........ :(

GSC 11-19-2015 11:39 AM

I just got confirmation, I'm in.

Now please tell me about the hitch carrier? I'd rather use my CRV to haul RX-3 out there. It has a frame mounted 2x2 hitch. Is that possible and which one is best?
thanks

Weldangrind 11-19-2015 11:44 AM

That's a Class III receiver, and they're usually rated for 350lbs of weight. Your bike should be very close to that.

The best carrier is the one that allows your bike to be safely mounted, without risk to your rear window. HF carries one that seems worthy, and it's on sale: http://www.harborfreight.com/400-lb-...ier-99721.html

Remember to print off a 20% off coupon, for a bigger discount.

GSC 11-19-2015 12:36 PM

Thanks Weld, I'm on it.