ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   my brozz is stalling (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17674)

jd 10-22-2016 11:49 PM

my brozz is stalling

I got a new bashan brozz 250 and its stalling after it warms up a few minutes. anyone have any suggestions or ideas on whats wrong or how to fix it. thanks

culcune 10-23-2016 12:05 AM

Check to see if the choke is up (or down, can't remember which way it is supposed to be...). That would be my first check.

jd 10-23-2016 12:22 AM

choke is down, when I put it up the engine shuts off instantly

Adjuster 10-23-2016 12:25 AM

What is your idle rpm speed in neutral?

/

Adjuster 10-23-2016 12:26 AM

Getting good fuel flow to the carb?

/

BlackAcid 10-23-2016 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd (Post 234306)
choke is down, when I put it up the engine shuts off instantly

Full choke is all the way up. When you put the choke switch down it is off. That's why it is stalling.

culcune 10-23-2016 11:16 AM

I would PM member 'SANY' as he just recently bought the Brozz, or see if he will respond on his thread...

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17399

Merlin 10-23-2016 11:37 AM

You might check your valve adjustment.

jd 10-25-2016 09:56 PM

It doesn't start when the choke is up
Idle is around 2500
I think it's getting fuel because it runs for about 15 minutes

Adjuster 10-25-2016 11:52 PM

I don't know about choke up or down but it should start when the choke plate is closed making an air restriction and a temporarily rich mixture. After running maybe 60 seconds return the choke plate to the full open position.

Idle is way to high and should be 1500rpm in neutral. (you prolly meant 15 and 25 was a typo)

Possible fuel bowl is full from sitting and then fuel bowl is running empty because of fuel flow problem from tank.

/

GeneralTso 10-26-2016 09:22 AM

Just went through this a couple times with my bike. My advise would be logical and step through it.
  1. Bike starts so you know it's getting fuel
  2. Bike idles so you know the idle/pilot jet isn't clogged
  3. Check the float bowl?
  4. Can you rev the motor or does it stall?
  5. Does the gas cap have a vent? Is it clogged?
  6. Check the fuel filter if there is one?
  7. Right as it stalls pull the fuel line, is it dry?
  8. What exactly are you doing when it stalls? Or does it just die?

There are a lot of variables and you just need to cross them off until you find the right one. Also don't forget the wild cards like electrical and switches.

jd 10-27-2016 11:28 PM

its idling at 2500, it idles at 1500 it dies out.
if I choke it, then I dies also
I can rev the motor in the beginning but later it dies out

Ariel Red Hunter 10-28-2016 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd (Post 234641)
its idling at 2500, it idles at 1500 it dies out.
if I choke it, then I dies also
I can rev the motor in the beginning but later it dies out

If I had this problem, I would install a new spark plug, start the engine, adjust idle speed with the idle speed screw, NOT the idle mixture screw, let it run until it dies. Then remove the plug and see what color it is. If it is at all sooty it's too rich. If it looks like it just came out of the box - it's too lean. It could be an ignition problem, if it is not a fuel problem. Coils have been known to cause this problem. Have you checked to make sure the carburetor is snug to the cylinder head? If it is sucking air at the flange, that could cause this problem.

culcune 10-28-2016 02:41 PM

Sometimes, as I found on my then-near new TMEC 200, the cdi can be bad. I had ridden my old TMEC to over 10k miles, and I bought it used with unknown mileage, and then ordered my new bike. Maybe 2000 or so miles later, it died, and acted like a spark plug issue. Changed the plug, no luck. There happened to be a thread from someone having the same problem, and it was narrowed down to the cdi. Sure enough, I changed out the cdi from my old bike I still had sitting in my carport in pieces, and the new one started right up! I would not have thought about a cdi going bad because the old bike had no issues with it.

However, my bike died when this happened, not started, idled, and then died, but I would start with a brand new spark plug and do the suggestions that Ariel Red Hunter suggested.

BlackBike 10-29-2016 11:23 AM

From what I have read over this past year from you folks I think the CDI is a no brainer way to check . They are so cheap to try, order 2 in case ones bad. Did you check the intakes around the carb and cylinder (no leaks?), easy to put out the fire if fuel air is wacked up.