ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   A concern about seat height... (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=23831)

Dusman 05-29-2019 05:27 PM

A concern about seat height...

Gents,

As I've already posted, I'm between the TT250 & the Brozz 250 Blue Eagle. However, I'm @ 5'8" with a 30" inseam and the seat height of the TT & Brozz = 34 inches. When I sat on the Yamaha WR250R, with it's 36.6 inch seat height, that definitely was a no-go for me. I was wondering how the 34 inch height would feel. I just wish I could sit on one of these bikes.

Are any of you my height and doing ok with your Brozz/TTs or do you tiptoe it quite a bit?

I love the seat height of the Yamaha TW200 (31.1 inches), but don't like the price out the door. Yeah, I know you can't get a decent one used, but I just don't want to risk buying a ragged out bike. I prefer to purchase motorcycles new. I also want to buy a new bike outright without financing it, and getting a Chinese motorcycles is pretty much the only way to go if this ole' boy wants to do that. I'm sure you understand.

Thanks for your input!

wedooit 05-29-2019 06:22 PM

Hi Sir,
I looked at the brozz and the bms250crp, fairly comparable seat heights. we bought the bms250. you will find on my posts that we lowered the bms with the 280mm shock, and lowered the front end, and cut the seat. check out northrider posts as well as they did the same. 2lZ has the tt250 csc and can answer that for you. The main reason for the bms was tire size and we will use it more for offroad. The bms is a little less expensive than the tt250. You may get away with a seat cut....csc offer a lower seat fro what couple hundred bucks, but only includes the material and the foam. There is a video on northrider post about a guy cutting a seat. Hope that helps....any more questions you can pm me ok. Keep in mind I am not an expert like 2lz or megadan or jerryhawk, or many of the other masters on this site. But we did enjoy the journey and the assembly journey of the bms250. hope that helps! keep us updated on this site....thanks

Dusman 05-29-2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedooit (Post 310513)
Hi Sir,
I looked at the brozz and the bms250crp, fairly comparable seat heights. we bought the bms250. you will find on my posts that we lowered the bms with the 280mm shock, and lowered the front end, and cut the seat. check out northrider posts as well as they did the same. 2lZ has the tt250 csc and can answer that for you. The main reason for the bms was tire size and we will use it more for offroad. The bms is a little less expensive than the tt250. You may get away with a seat cut....csc offer a lower seat fro what couple hundred bucks, but only includes the material and the foam. There is a video on northrider post about a guy cutting a seat. Hope that helps....any more questions you can pm me ok. Keep in mind I am not an expert like 2lz or megadan or jerryhawk, or many of the other masters on this site. But we did enjoy the journey and the assembly journey of the bms250. hope that helps! keep us updated on this site....thanks

Thanks my man! Blessings!

2LZ 05-30-2019 01:42 PM

LOL! Masters.... Nah. Just further down the "mistake road" than some.

The TT250 low seat.... Yes, it's expensive. Yes, it's only the foam and cover. Yes, the cover is of a superior quality....which also makes it TOUGH to upholster yourself, if you don't have a steamer, etc... I'm 6', beer belly, and the TT250 low seat is like sitting in a bucket to me. The wife likes it and that's what matters though.

My suggestion would be is to follow wedooit's lead on the shock and seat. Try shaving the seat first before you change the shock. May be just right for you.

dpl096 05-30-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 310607)
LOL! Masters.... Nah. Just further down the "mistake road" than some.

Hell I can't even see the on ramp for this road in my rear view mirror anymore.:)

culcune 05-30-2019 08:56 PM

The Lifan X-Pect 200 has finally been released. It is listed at 32.7" in the specs. I am only 5' 7" but have figured out how to sit on and ride these 'giant' bikes, but that was because back in '91 I had a Suzuki DR250s (most awesome bike ever!! LOL) which taught me how to compensate on a tall bike. I am seriously considering buying the Lifan myself; not because of the seat height but rather their intriguing fuel injection on a Chinese engine that will probably actually work as designed based on their other recent street bikes they have released (the KP 200, KPR 200, KP Mini 150, and Lycan 250), and the fact that I have been around Chinariders.net (in fact when this site was formed) to remember all the raves of Lifan's GY-5 200cc dual-sport (Frostbite who founded this site had two of the bikes--this site was created from Lifan's GY-5) had at the time. Yes, Lifan left the US for a few years, but they have come back with a vengeance as of late. https://www.americanlifan.com/x-pect/

dpl096 05-30-2019 09:07 PM

The x-pect and Lycan look like good strong entries back into the mix.....just wish the handlebars on the lycan didn't look goofy. Another competitor is always good for innovation, increased quality and price comparisons.

Rameetalwaysrides 01-11-2022 11:28 AM

Im a 12 year old and 5´4, will it fit me?

TxTaoRider 01-11-2022 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameetalwaysrides (Post 371244)
Im a 12 year old and 5´4, will it fit me?

Do you know your inseam?