ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   My HSUN 200gy prep.............. (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=3969)

pizzarider 07-23-2008 11:29 PM

My HSUN 200gy prep..............

Ok this is a little weird but I ordered a Roketa DB-07 from grandpowersports.com and got a HS 200GY instead. It is made by Hsun. Just wondering what you guys know about this bike. It runs great and seems like a really good bike so far. Only thing is, they forgot to send the mirrors and both tires wont hold air. The valve stims are leaking a bit from the needle? (if that makes since) I have had a guy tell me to tighten the needle or something. Suggestions? Thanks! -Cory

maf119l 07-23-2008 11:32 PM

Tighten the valve core's.You can get a tool from your local autopart store.called a valve core tool.cost less than $5.00

Jim 07-24-2008 09:12 AM

Have you worked on the pizza carrier setup at all yet?

IronFist 07-24-2008 01:41 PM

Tightening the stems might help but if you are putting high miles on the bike you might want to redo the tubes now and avoid the rush later :)

pizzarider 07-25-2008 12:56 PM

fixed it

OK I tightened the stems and all is well. Thanks for the advice guys! Havent worked on the pizza carrying device yet but have some ideas and am going to start this week on it. -Cory

pizzarider 08-23-2008 12:19 AM

Breaking in my HSUN 200GY

Break in is going well. I am at 165 miles with no problems except my right passenger peg fell off somewhere. I have lock tighted a few key screws and bolts but not all yet. I havent noticed any loosening of the screws/bolts yet. I recently replaced the stock 56T rear sprocket with a 42T and my top speed is around 65mph but that is on level street with no wind haha. I figure once break-in is complete the bike will reach that speed with greater ease. I have my rack idea for pizza delivery and am about to follow through with install. Pictures will be avail soon hopefully. I am using 10w 40 pennzoil and have changed the oil 3 times already. Can someone explain to me where the oil filter is located? Is it the LARGE bold facing horizontally next to the oil pan bolt?

alonzo 08-23-2008 05:23 PM

there is no oil filter. there is a screen with a spring behind that large horizontal bolt. pull it and clean the metel frags out next time you change the oil.

pizzarider 08-23-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alonzo
there is no oil filter. there is a screen with a spring behind that large horizontal bolt. pull it and clean the metel frags out next time you change the oil.

Thanks! -Cory

theENIGMATIC 08-27-2008 07:11 PM

I have the same bike its cool.my right passenger peg fell off too lol.....ah well.....

pizzarider 08-29-2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theENIGMATIC
I have the same bike its cool.my right passenger peg fell off too lol.....ah well.....

hahaah finally some consistency with China manufacturing!!!

pizzarider 08-29-2008 12:59 PM

I have a question about my break light. I noticed the other day that when I squeeze the front break lever my rear break light doesnt get any brighter. There is a device on the front break lever assembly that is activated when the front lever is squeezed. Wondering if I need to buy another switch for the rear break light and where I would get it from?

Cal25 08-29-2008 01:32 PM

There should be a switch that hooks to the rear foot lever. On my bike I had to adjust it to get it to work properly.

pizzarider 09-19-2008 08:58 PM

So I now have 1900 miles on my HSUN 200gy. I drive it at 55mph at 7000 rpm. I did most of the prep suggested (lubed cables, oil chain every day with white lithium grease, put 42T sprocket on rear, cleaned out gas tank before first start) still need to oil air filter and grease swing arm (as soon as I can find the right size grease fitting). Only problems so far have been the rear lights not working and a couple rack mount bracket things breaking from the cheap metal. Every day I have noticed that the bike goes faster and faster, smoother and smoother. I deliver 3 to 4 days/week on this bike riding 200+ miles per day. I can't believe this bike is holding up like this but it is. I got a nail through the outer edge of the rear tire but it missed the tube and never got flat. Have rode over 400 miles with the nail in the tire haha. I am getting around 70 Mpg. All in all I just baby it and it keeps going. Fingers crossed. -Cory

chinaguy 09-21-2008 10:53 PM

I enjoy reading your posts because I have the same bike; mine's a 2008 HSUN GY200. So far, the only problems I have had is an ignition wire coming loose when I changed the carb clip, and I had to replace the solenoid. The dealer actually replaced the solenoid, so I didn't have to pay for that. I replaced the rear 56 tooth sprocket with a 44 tooth and that has really helped.

All in all, I'm real pleased with the bike.

tigertamer 09-22-2008 04:25 AM

Hope that nail don't become a projectile some day :twisted:

Be safe,
Tigertamer