ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   TBR7 clutch slipping? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31200)

757nick 07-13-2022 12:31 AM

TBR7 clutch slipping?

My 2021 tbr7 has about 5k miles on it and Iv done all the valve adjustments and oil changes on time every time. If I’m at a complete stop I’ll take off and go to shift to 2nd gear and it will catch then slip into neutral then get stuck in neutral for a few seconds and let me go back up. It’s a new problem and I’m not sure what’s going on. I don’t have lose of power like it’s “slipping” . Any ideas on what it couod be and how to fix? thank you!

757nick 07-13-2022 12:38 AM

From doing some reading it may be the shift fork? I googled for parts and can’t find any. I know it’s a cg clone and Honda parts may work but I’m not 100% sure. I definitely need help from someone a little more mechanically inclined

buzz 07-13-2022 07:13 AM

Hello try CSC Motorcycles.

JerryHawk250 07-13-2022 07:45 AM

You can find all the parts for the TBR7 here. https://partskit.com/collections/tbr7

Mudflap 07-13-2022 08:38 AM

Sounds more like a shifting fork than a clutch. First thing though is a good check of the chain, sprockets, and engine mounts.

herbie 07-13-2022 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 757nick (Post 380567)
My 2021 tbr7 has about 5k miles on it and Iv done all the valve adjustments and oil changes on time every time. If I’m at a complete stop I’ll take off and go to shift to 2nd gear and it will catch then slip into neutral then get stuck in neutral for a few seconds and let me go back up. It’s a new problem and I’m not sure what’s going on. I don’t have lose of power like it’s “slipping” . Any ideas on what it couod be and how to fix? thank you!

Just a thought, is your gear shift lever mounted to high in relation to the foot peg? Maybe your not able to pull it up far enough, you could try removing the shift lever and lowering it down a little and see if that helps. Did the shift lever possibly get bent?

757nick 07-13-2022 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudflap (Post 380579)
Sounds more like a shifting fork than a clutch. First thing though is a good check of the chain, sprockets, and engine mounts.

I can’t even find any videos on how to check or fix it! Any idea how to do it or what it looks like?

757nick 07-13-2022 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie (Post 380580)
Just a thought, is your gear shift lever mounted to high in relation to the foot peg? Maybe your not able to pull it up far enough, you could try removing the shift lever and lowering it down a little and see if that helps. Did the shift lever possibly get bent?

Oh yah it got bend and I replaced it with one that is very short it doesn’t come out that far to the left like the stock one did. It may have been hitting the bike when trying to shift. I ordered a new one and it will be in tomorrow

757nick 07-13-2022 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudflap (Post 380579)

What would I be looking for if it was the chain or sprockets?

Mudflap 07-13-2022 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 757nick (Post 380597)
What would I be looking for if it was the chain or sprockets?

Look for worn teeth on the sprockets, particularly the countershaft sprocket. They become shark fin shaped and the chain can slip. The chain really should be checked while setting on a bench by measuring the stretched out length against the pushed together length. Another more crude way is to pull the chain off the rear sprocket at the back and if you can see half a tooth under the chain plate it's likely worn out. I've also seen loose engine mount bolts that let the engine swing back when accelerating which makes the chain loose so it jumps teeth on the sprocket.

Shift fork damage is usually caused by stomping down or up hard on the shift lever but it takes a lot of force.