ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   What did you do on your Hawk today? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17535)

Republic 09-24-2016 08:14 AM

What did you do on your Hawk today?

Occasionally I'd like to share something that happened with my Hawk but I don't want to start a whole new thread for it, so maybe we could use this one?

Enough of us have Hawks we could keep this going.

--

I needed to run to town yesterday but I don't have any storage on my bike yet. Being a good Okie I've just bought a case of Blue and Gold sausage, so I strapped it to the bike and off I went.

I actually got my first compliment of the bike, a guy walking out of the store* said "Boy, that sure is a nice looking bike." I wasn't expecting that at all. I need to get the 'Made in China' stigma out of my own head I guess. It IS a nice looking bike, and has been more reliable all ready than my old Royal Enfield.

*Now...I must give a caveat for that compliment. The store was the Dollar Star and the guy didn't have any teeth...but I'll take the compliment!

Wolftrax 09-24-2016 09:48 AM

Fixed a flat!:tdown:

Nithious 09-24-2016 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolftrax (Post 232035)

Did you take off on your trip yet?

Ariel Red Hunter 09-24-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republic (Post 232030)
Occasionally I'd like to share something that happened with my Hawk but I don't want to start a whole new thread for it, so maybe we could use this one?

Enough of us have Hawks we could keep this going.

--

I needed to run to town yesterday but I don't have any storage on my bike yet. Being a good Okie I've just bought a case of Blue and Gold sausage, so I strapped it to the bike and off I went.

I actually got my first compliment of the bike, a guy walking out of the store* said "Boy, that sure is a nice looking bike." I wasn't expecting that at all. I need to get the 'Made in China' stigma out of my own head I guess. It IS a nice looking bike, and has been more reliable all ready than my old Royal Enfield.

*Now...I must give a caveat for that compliment. The store was the Dollar Star and the guy didn't have any teeth...but I'll take the compliment!

Yeah, a compliment is a compliment. All are welcome!

Oengus 09-24-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolftrax (Post 232035)

lol

Wolftrax 09-24-2016 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nithious (Post 232036)
Did you take off on your trip yet?

Nope, having some electrical issues with the hawk. Turn signals, horn all on the left switch. Battery also not charging, probably bad battery. Clutch is starting to slip. May have to call in the backup for the trip. Haven't put 50 miles on it since buying the Hawk but it's ready to go as well.

Republic 09-24-2016 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolftrax (Post 232074)
Nope, having some electrical issues with the hawk. Turn signals, horn all on the left switch. Battery also not charging, probably bad battery. Clutch is starting to slip. May have to call in the backup for the trip. Haven't put 50 miles on it since buying the Hawk but it's ready to go as well.

Man I hate to hear that, hope you get it going. A successful long trip like that would really speak well for the Hawk.

mq1991 09-25-2016 02:15 AM

I went exploring and found some awesome trails by my house...

http://i.imgur.com/aIyIFtph.jpg

Republic 09-26-2016 07:33 PM

Rode my Hawk Sunday offroad, it did well...but I do see that the suspension is exactly what I paid for. :)

However, today on my way to town I was surprised as the bike easily cruised at 65 (flat ground, no wind). It seems to be loosening up now that it has about 200 miles on it. Also seems to be getting about 65+ mpg. Converting km to miles means I can't ever tell until I get at home and use a calculator lol

Republic 09-30-2016 04:16 PM

Went riding down in the Ouachita National Forest area.

http://i.imgur.com/GGD1qAv.jpg?1

Ariel Red Hunter 09-30-2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republic (Post 232304)
Rode my Hawk Sunday offroad, it did well...but I do see that the suspension is exactly what I paid for. :)

However, today on my way to town I was surprised as the bike easily cruised at 65 (flat ground, no wind). It seems to be loosening up now that it has about 200 miles on it. Also seems to be getting about 65+ mpg. Converting km to miles means I can't ever tell until I get at home and use a calculator lol

I'm curious. What is wrong with the suspension?

Republic 09-30-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter (Post 232659)
I'm curious. What is wrong with the suspension?

I think it is what was discussed in the rear spring thread. The front is fine, but the rear is just too firm. Instead of absorbing washboard terrain or bumps it just bounces off the ground.

Ariel Red Hunter 09-30-2016 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republic (Post 232664)
I think it is what was discussed in the rear spring thread. The front is fine, but the rear is just too firm. Instead of absorbing washboard terrain or bumps it just bounces off the ground.

Have you been following the thread by jimwildman on the rear shock he found to replace the stock one?

Republic 10-01-2016 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter (Post 232693)
Have you been following the thread by jimwildman on the rear shock he found to replace the stock one?

Yes that is the thread I was talking about. That shock is on my list once my pennies start adding up to dollars.

Ariel Red Hunter 10-01-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republic (Post 232717)
Yes that is the thread I was talking about. That shock is on my list once my pennies start adding up to dollars.

I see that you live in Oklahoma, so most of your riding is of the sit-down variety, is that correct? Try standing up on the rough stuff, it may help.