ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   The Zongshen TT 250 is Coming (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15357)

katoranger 10-25-2015 10:38 AM

This has my attention. Maybe a Zong will be in my future. I can ride gravel to work.

2LZ 10-25-2015 11:25 AM

This does look really nice and the Hondanoid motors have certainly proven themselves as extremely durable. I really do hope that they don't price it up with the SSR bikes. The SSR bikes have really jumped a lot of $$$ since they were marketed as Q Links and Konkers, even for their 200cc.

jjn 10-26-2015 01:15 AM

There's some dealer on Oahu selling the SSR 250 dual sport for $3700.

SpudRider 10-26-2015 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 195395)
...I do hope that CSC take their RX3 bike into account and do not try to price the TT near that level of pricing to compete with SSR and their XF250's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 195577)
This does look really nice and the Hondanoid motors have certainly proven themselves as extremely durable. I really do hope that they don't price it up with the SSR bikes. The SSR bikes have really jumped a lot of $$$ since they were marketed as Q Links and Konkers, even for their 200cc.

I'm pretty confident the TT Special bikes won't be priced anywhere near as expensive as the SSR bikes. ;)

Darkrider 10-26-2015 04:05 AM

Now what would make this even better is if the TT was eventually canada bound as well Eh? ok maybe not..i already have enough reading to do on the RX3...

Weldangrind 10-26-2015 10:54 AM

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the TT offered for sale in Canada eventually.

culcune 10-26-2015 09:42 PM

You guys are supposed to get the RX3 via CSC, correct?

Darkrider 10-26-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 195667)
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the TT offered for sale in Canada eventually.

Likewise...maybe by the time it is i will finally have an RX3 in the collection lol

Weldangrind 10-27-2015 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 195729)
You guys are supposed to get the RX3 via CSC, correct?

Correct. No distributors in Canada at this time.

pismocycleguy 10-28-2015 07:45 PM

Weight of Zong TT 250

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 195557)
If you're asking me, I only know what I see. CG (pushrod) counterbalanced motor, inverted forks, disc front and rear, air injection reaction device in the exhaust, Keihin-style carb and what looks to be a comfy saddle. Sharp bike.

Any "guesstimate" on the weight of the TT250?
I'm hoping that the weight will be close to 250 pounds or 115 Kgs.
:thanks:

Weldangrind 10-28-2015 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pismocycleguy (Post 195913)
Any "guesstimate" on the weight of the TT250?
I'm hoping that the weight will be close to 250 pounds or 115 Kgs.

Could be, although typical Hondoid dual sports are usually made of rather heavy steel. I wouldn't be shocked to find it north of 300lbs.

pismocycleguy 11-02-2015 12:55 AM

Zongshen HONDANOID Engine

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 195577)
This does look really nice and the Hondanoid motors have certainly proven themselves as extremely durable.

I'm new to Chinese bikes and not familiar with the lingo. So are some of the engines that Zongshen manufactures knock offs (Hondanoids) of Honda singles? Are the engines in the RX-3 Cyclone and the TT 250 also knock offs of Honda's?
Can you tell me from which Honda model of bikes did these two engines originate?
Thanks for any answers you can provide. It will help me in my future search and purchase a CB.

SpudRider 11-02-2015 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pismocycleguy (Post 196363)
I'm new to Chinese bikes and not familiar with the lingo. So are some of the engines that Zongshen manufactures knock offs (Hondanoids) of Honda singles? Are the engines in the RX-3 Cyclone and the TT 250 also knock offs of Honda's?
Can you tell me from which Honda model of bikes did these two engines originate?
Thanks for any answers you can provide. It will help me in my future search and purchase a CB.

Most Chinese engines are copies of old Honda engines. However, there are exceptions. Zongshen manufactures 4-5 million engines a year, and most of these engines are copies of Honda engines. However, my Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra) employs a copy of a Yamaha engine, which is virtually identical to the currently manufactured, TW200 engine. Qingqi manufactures copies of Suzuki engines.

The ZS177MM (NC250) engine in the Zongshen RX3 is a new design, which was commissioned from an Italian firm. Of course, this engine is manufactured in Chongqing, by Zongshen.

Chinese motorcycles with copies of Honda engines are called Hondoids. Most Chinese motorcycles are Hondoids. The Zongshen Sierra, Zongshen RX3, Qingqi/QLink/Konker, and SSR bikes are exceptions.

Weldangrind 11-02-2015 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pismocycleguy (Post 196363)
Are the engines in the RX-3 Cyclone and the TT 250 also knock offs of Honda's?

Spud filled you in on the RX-3.

The TT 250 is like the vast majority of China bikes, in that the motor is based on the Honda CG125. That bike never landed on our shores, but it has been extremely popular in South Asia, South America and the UK. Our Chinese friends have bored and stroked it to 150, 175, 200, 223 and 229 (250 is a rounded figure). The CG engines use pushrods and one single cam lobe for both intake and exhaust events. It is remarkably durable, and requires very little maintenance, since there is no cam chain and associated hardware to adjust. The cam runs off of a gear that meshes with a crank gear.

Another very common Honda clone is the CB series, which are OHC singles that have a common ancestry with the Honda XR200. The frame of architecture is different in that the CB can handle a larger bore, but the cam chain and tensioner systems are quite similar. The CB has been available in about the same displacements as the CG. Like the CG, the CB has never been a Honda that ended up on North American shores. It is totally different from the multi-cylinder CB Honda street bikes.

pismocycleguy 11-02-2015 03:26 PM

Very informative information!

Weld,
Thank you for the very informative information regarding China Bikes for a newbe! I now understand why the restrictions on over boring air cooled single cylinder China Bikes and makes me more interested in the upcoming TT250.
Sounds like my type of bike, air cooled, low maintenance, widely available spare parts and simple design.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 196393)
Spud filled you in on the RX-3.

The TT 250 is like the vast majority of China bikes, in that the motor is based on the Honda CG125. That bike never landed on our shores, but it has been extremely popular in South Asia, South America and the UK. Our Chinese friends have bored and stroked it to 150, 175, 200, 223 and 229 (250 is a rounded figure). The CG engines use pushrods and one single cam lobe for both intake and exhaust events. It is remarkably durable, and requires very little maintenance, since there is no cam chain and associated hardware to adjust. The cam runs off of a gear that meshes with a crank gear.

Another very common Honda clone is the CB series, which are OHC singles that have a common ancestry with the Honda XR200. The frame of architecture is different in that the CB can handle a larger bore, but the cam chain and tensioner systems are quite similar. The CB has been available in about the same displacements as the CG. Like the CG, the CB has never been a Honda that ended up on North American shores. It is totally different from the multi-cylinder CB Honda street bikes.