ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   The Zongshen TT 250 is Coming (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15357)

dpl096 05-20-2016 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojo_grande (Post 217260)
Got a tracking number yesterday afternoon. Wooohooo!!!!

Rojo

:tup::clap::yay::tup::clap::yay:

BlackBike 05-20-2016 08:15 PM

First the 16' rx3 deliveries, now the tt250 's landing. It like Christmas and new years. :yay:

rojo_grande 05-20-2016 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayman77 (Post 217281)
When did you order yours

Ordered November 30th or so. Was told I was order # 8

Rojo

'16 TT250 05-21-2016 03:42 PM

I ordered a couple days into December and picked it up today. I wanted the red but since that didn't happen I went black. It was really a hard toss between the three color options, they all look pretty good to me except for the orange TT sticker on the white bike.

simonjester 05-21-2016 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '16 TT250 (Post 217458)
I ordered a couple days into December and picked it up today. I wanted the red but since that didn't happen I went black. It was really a hard toss between the three color options, they all look pretty good to me except for the orange TT sticker on the white bike.

Congratulations! Photos? Videos? :D

SpudRider 05-21-2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '16 TT250 (Post 217458)

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonjester (Post 217460)
Congratulations! Photos? Videos? :D

X2 on both point from Simonjester. Congratulations. :tup: Where are the photos? ;)

Please do start a new thread, and post lots of photographs of your new TT250. :)

PNWDualRider 05-22-2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 217487)
X2 on both point from Simonjester. Congratulations. :tup: Where are the photos? ;)

Please do start a new thread, and post lots of photographs of your new TT250. :)

Hey Spud, I started a new thread for the TT250 as it has now arrived. Has anyone received one and want to make a couple videos and take some photos?

kohburn 05-24-2016 12:10 PM

well I wasn't sure exactly where to post it after the HAWK registration issues in NC, but here goes.

My tt250 is set to arrive next Tuesday but the paperwork arrived yesterday. I called up geico and they wanted to much so added it to my Nationwide policy no problem. then walked in to the DMV tag location and walked out with my new tag. now to wait a week for the bike to get here. At least i'll be able to legally ride it on the road as soon as I unpack it.

SpudRider 05-24-2016 12:11 PM

Thanks for letting us know the registration of the CSC TT250 was painless in North Carolina. :tup:

2LZ 05-24-2016 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kohburn (Post 218052)
well I wasn't sure exactly where to post it after the HAWK registration issues in NC, but here goes.

My tt250 is set to arrive next Tuesday but the paperwork arrived yesterday. I called up geico and they wanted to much so added it to my Nationwide policy no problem. then walked in to the DMV tag location and walked out with my new tag. now to wait a week for the bike to get here. At least i'll be able to legally ride it on the road as soon as I unpack it.

That's great news! I was wondering if any of us "mail order" people had gotten any notifications yet. I know they've been selling to the walk-in customers.

Funny thing too. We switched all of our vehicles from Nationwide to Geico last year and saved us some good $$$...but Nationwide was MUCH cheaper on our motorcycles so we kept them all with them.

kohburn 05-24-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 218058)
That's great news! I was wondering if any of us "mail order" people had gotten any notifications yet. I know they've been selling to the walk-in customers.

Funny thing too. We switched all of our vehicles from Nationwide to Geico last year and saved us some good $$$...but Nationwide was MUCH cheaper on our motorcycles so we kept them all with them.

yeah I saved a ton of money switching my cars from nationwide to USAA, but motorcycles still cheapest with nationwide, go figure.

oddthought 05-24-2016 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kohburn (Post 218067)
yeah I saved a ton of money switching my cars from nationwide to USAA, but motorcycles still cheapest with nationwide, go figure.

I have yet to find anyone quite as good as USAA for my cars and most other insurance needs. Unfortunately, they don't do motorcycles in Utah, so I ended up going with Progressive. They've been pretty good and have a low premium for the level of coverage I have, plus they didn't seem to think it would be any problem getting the TT250 in their system when I talked to them about it clear back when I ordered.

Ron B 05-24-2016 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 218058)

I was wondering about that. I thought the whole idea behind pre-ordering was to be the first to get one, but they have sold a bunch out the door and are sitting on the showroom floor to sell while people who paid up front have been waiting.

oddthought 05-24-2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron B (Post 218087)
I was wondering about that. I thought the whole idea behind pre-ordering was to be the first to get one, but they have sold a bunch out the door and are sitting on the showroom floor to sell while people who paid up front have been waiting.

I assumed they'd set aside at least a few for walk-ins. If I'd thought it all the way through, I might have planned to spend the crate fee on a plane ticket instead and flown down, picked one up, and ridden it back to Utah. I'm not quite confident enough to trust the bike during the break-in period though. I'm a little too familiar with the washtub curve of failure rates to trust it for a 700-odd mile trip home.

RedSpruce 05-24-2016 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron B (Post 218087)

Two things that are annoying me;

1) I paid $1000 down on December 1st, that will be six months ago next week, that's six months I don't have use of that $1000. So, I expect some kind of advantage for that. In the case of the RX-3, I received a discount for putting my money on the line early. With the TT, someone walking into CSC can purchase the moto at the same price I'm paying without having to put a down payment on it. That has removed any advantage I have from paying early.

2) I called CSC on May 6th to add some parts to the TT (I said to just throw the parts in the crate because I didn't want that to delay the shipping) and was told that I should hear from them on 11th to confirm my order. I didn't hear back from CSC that week so I called on the 17th to pay the remainder of my balance and was told my bike may ship on the 20th. I wasn't contacted last week and when I called today I was told to call back tomorrow.

Rant finished.