ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Video and Pics (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   What bike did my son buy (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=33825)

JBFour75 02-20-2024 08:44 PM

What bike did my son buy

2 Attachment(s)
Hi,
My 13 year old son bought a Zongshen motorcycle. He was told 250cc. This is our entrance into being motorbike family. I have no idea about model or year of the bike. I’m trying to help him fix it up but not sure how to order parts and for what model I’m ordering for. Also I believe other brand parts may fit.

JerryHawk250 02-21-2024 07:48 AM

Don't worry, Engine parts are readily available. Post up pictures of the engine and engine model number. Its should be stamped around the shift lever. you can find most parts here and on ebay and amazon. https://www.vmcchineseparts.com/page...-parts-catalog

2LZ 02-21-2024 01:53 PM

If I see the pics correctly, it looks like a Zongshen Sierra 200! GREAT bike! Based on the Yamaha fat wheel TW200. Spudrider has a wealth of information here archived on these bikes.

JBFour75 02-21-2024 08:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the replies, fellas!

Here’s what I found:

Vin LZSJCMLB765000958

I believe it’s a Zongshen UM DUAL SPORT MOTO 200 or ZS200. A Yamaha clone.

Engine Labeled: ZS067 and 1000 CM(3) and QC25.

Any idea what year it might be? Has electric start which makes me think more modern but then has drum rear brake that makes me think older.

Do©Hawk 02-21-2024 09:43 PM

Your 13 year old bought a motorcycle without your help or input?

Bruces 02-21-2024 09:58 PM

Turn the handlebars to the left completely ,and look behind the headlight area on the front of the frame ,should have the vin and year .Its possible you have to turn the bars the other way but generally turn to the left .

JBFour75 02-21-2024 10:40 PM

Yes, my sons like that. He made money shoveling snow last Tuesday. Mentioned to me in passing he wanted a dirt bike. Then he went on Facebook marketplace and negotiated the seller down and included delivery.

I came home from hospital from pneumonia type thing and found a motorcycle in my garage.

I told him before he learns how to ride he has to learn how to fix it and maintain it. (So now I have to learn too)

Bruces 02-21-2024 10:57 PM

Sounds like a good kid .

TominMO 02-22-2024 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBFour75 (Post 404773)
Yes, my sons like that. He made money shoveling snow last Tuesday. Mentioned to me in passing he wanted a dirt bike. Then he went on Facebook marketplace and negotiated the seller down and included delivery.

I came home from hospital from pneumonia type thing and found a motorcycle in my garage.

I told him before he learns how to ride he has to learn how to fix it and maintain it. (So now I have to learn too)

Very cool. :tup:

JerryHawk250 02-22-2024 08:31 AM

Vin# results.
2006 Zongshen Industrial Group Co., Ltd. UM DUAL SPORTMOTO 200
Motorcycle - Dual Sport / Adventure / Supermoto / On/Off-road
1 Cylinder
4 Stroke
Displacement: 200cc
Manufacturing Plant: CHONGQING CHINA

2LZ 02-22-2024 12:19 PM

Quote:

Excellent! My dad was the same way but he was a business man, not a mechanic. Loved him to pieces but he didn't know which end of a screwdriver to hold.
He bought my brothers and I a 1966 blown-up Honda 90 (50.00 from our uncle), and a small tool box from Sears. He said, "You guys fix it, you can ride it." I was eight years old then. He honestly never thought we'd fix it.
Once I started saving my lawn mowing and weed pulling money (neighborhood business), I bought a half-beat Yamaha 125 Enduro from my neighbor kid. I was 14 then also.

Do©Hawk 02-22-2024 04:20 PM

Quote:

That's Awesome! You sound like a good dad.

pistolclass 02-23-2024 09:00 PM

JB what State are you in? Us chinariders are everywhere.

buzz 02-25-2024 09:50 AM

Wow thats a nice looking bike,should be a good bike. Parts will be easy to find,and tell him to ride safe. How many miles?

JBFour75 02-25-2024 03:53 PM

The bike has about 1500 miles on the odometer.

We’re in northern NJ. Hoping to find trails to ride in PA or NY. I don’t know if places to take him in NJ.

Also, anyone know where we can get a starter 9 Tooth? The one I found is too big.