ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   What riding gear do you all use? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=32594)

N7sithis 04-22-2023 10:18 PM

What riding gear do you all use?

Hopefully this is the right place - saw someone ask about helmets and my jacket broke today (zipper) so I thought I'd ask about jackets/pants
My wife bought me the "HWK" brand jacket off amazon, I thought it was fitting lol

I've been really easy on the jacket and I only wear it when going on the street with the bike so it hasn't even seen a lot of use - but the zipper just stopped working outta no where.

Looking for gear that will last, preferably breathable as it's about to get hot here.

Interested in a jacket and pants.

XLsior 04-22-2023 10:34 PM

Helmet: Bell MX-9
Boots: Forma EVO.
Pants and jacket are Aliexpress (Duhan/Ride Tribe/MotoBoy)
branded motorcycle specific...Opted for lighter grey breathable mesh for mostly Australian subtropical climate. So far they have been OK/fine, hard to complain even when quality and sizing issues happen due to the price...and usually if I make a quality claim I get compensated in some way.

Gloves are perforated goat leather motorcycle gloves from Ebay...

I put most of the gear budget into boots and helmet.

Bill Hilly 04-22-2023 10:59 PM

I bought the Alpha (Amazon) textile, jacket, and matching pants both with removable liner, and pads a couple years back, and I did wear them pretty good for a few times, and then I started to only wear the jacket, which I still wear a lot, in cool weather, I also have a denim jacket which has a zipper , instead of buttons,and I wear it some too, but I admit, I have gotten off track with wearing proper gear. I do usually wear a decent leather boot, and never ride in shorts, and usually wear my gloves, but I do catch myself riding in sleeveless shirts in the summer. I do usually wear gloves, but if I am in town, and know that I will be stopping somewhere else in town, I usually don't put them on between stops. I realize that I should probably get back into the habit of dressing safer though.

Ursa_Adv 04-22-2023 11:02 PM

Helmet: AFX FX-41
Boots: O'Neil Sierra Pro
Jacket: Oxford Montreal 3.0
Pants: ARC Battleborn
Gloves: Klim Baja S4

Pathfinders 04-23-2023 03:02 AM

When I first got back into riding I didn't want to dump a bunch of money on gear I might not use for very long. I found shopgoodwill.com. Under categories, then transportation you can select motorcycle. Pages and pages of used gear dirt cheap. 90% of what I bought I passed on to other riders who needed gear.
I wear all the gear all the time. ATGATT

cheesy 04-23-2023 07:48 AM

Check out the 'Riding Gear Revisted" Sticky in the Off Topic/General Discussion thread.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=4748

A lot of info. And, check out www.cyclegear.com

Megadan 04-23-2023 08:04 AM

It really comes down to your budget. I am a big advocate of ATGATT but I also understand that people don't have money sprouting out of every orifice.

The cheaper gear like the HWK jacket will provide some level of protection, and that sure beats a T-shirt.

I personally recommend something a bit better, and made with the right types of ballistic fibers with proper CE level 1 or 2 armor at key points. Brands like Tour Master, Seidici, Klim, Icon, and Dianase have and do grace my body and closet.

I have literally ridden my Hawk in gear that cost more than my Hawk lol.

BashanBrozz 04-23-2023 12:29 PM

I wear used gear off of Facebook Marketplace, except for my new helmet and boots. Dress for the slide.

Jacket: Tourmaster Intake Air 4 hi-viz jacket $40
Pants: Icon Moto leathers $20
Gloves: offbrand armored gloves which came with a worn HJC helmet and goggles all for $35 :tup:
Helmet: new full-face Scorpion Exo 1400 Carbon $230 on sale at the time.
Boots: Walmart steel toe boots $30

flopsweat 04-24-2023 10:19 AM

Helmet: HJC DS-X1 adv helmet (great, zero complaints)
Jacket: HWK all-season for winter (very warm, quite nice actually), and Wicked Stock summer mesh jacket (pretty decent and cheap)
Pants: HWK black pants, didn't last 6 months before the waist straps ripped off. I still can use them but will be getting something better very soon.

Boots: O'Neal Sierra WP waterproof boots (great, super comfortable, just not the best full ankle protection but better than a low-cut boot)
Gloves: Something I found at the local suzuki dealership for $30

Mudflap 04-24-2023 10:54 AM

Merrill slip on shoes while riding the scooter because my size 13 boots don't fit the floorboard. Bright yellow safety jacket from Amazon. Size 3XL deerskin gauntlets. Wrangler jeans. $39 open face helmet. Prescription sunglasses.

Same thing on the motorcycle and quad except I usually wear steel toe boots after kicking a boulder hiding in the brush while trail riding.

RobertSX4 05-10-2023 07:07 PM

RICHA Infinity 2 Jacket
Torc T-1 helmet with bubble shield

highly recommend both