ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dealer & Distributor Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   XXX Motorsports (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=265)

Roketarider 01-15-2007 03:22 PM

XXX Motorsports

I am going to lay out the facts, brief and to the point.

December 25th-I went online and and placed my order for my 2006 Roketa DB-07A motorcycle.

December 27th-They opened back up from their holiday hours, processed my order.

December 28th-My order was shipped out. I chatted with them online and also talked with a female on the phone.

January 3rd- Got call from shipping company and setup time for delivery.

January 4th-Received motorcycle, no damage to motorcycle.

January 5th-Assembled motorcycle and got it running with no problems! Requested and paid for MSO online on their website with regular shipping method, no overnight shipping.

January 11th-Received MSO in mail, called Geico and got liability coverage on it with no issue, and got plates for it in NC at the DMV.

January 13th(weekend)-Rode the bike all weekend, on and off-road with no problems.

That was my experience I had with XXX Motorsports. They have good customer service and the MSO was no issue at all.

NewEnglandTrails 01-15-2007 06:46 PM

xxx motorsports

xxx motorsports also sends out very professional and acceptable MSO's , the state of CT recognizes them as a dealer.. They are quite responsive to all of your questions. They ship to your house instead of a trucking depot. I would do business with them again.

NET

BikerDave 02-11-2007 10:06 PM

So what do you think of your Rocketas?? Are they OHC or OHV, hows the quality as opposed to a Lifan? I'm looking to buy one of the two soon...just trying to figure out which one!

ejcycles 02-12-2007 08:50 AM

Well it's like this...They are all Over Head Valve engines.

There are Push-rod engines and OHC {Over Head Cam} engines.

The pushrod engines have a single cam run off of gears, off the crankshaft, with two rocker arms that ride on the cam to move the push-rods, in turn the two push-rods move the upper rocker arms to open the valves.

The OHC {Over Head Cam} engine has a carrier that sits on top of the valves that holds the camshaft, and moves the rocker arms to open the valves. This engine also has a timing or camshaft chain in it that runs the cam.

The push-rod engine has more low end grunt than the {OHC} engine. Honda has for years been using a push-rod engine in their quads/4-wheelers due to this fact. They run about the same it just takes the push-rod engine a little longer to get to top speed. This is the reason that in 1964 that Honda developed the {OHC} engine for 1965 so it could reach top speeds faster for their smaller street legal bikes.
I hope this helps and remember about parts issues.

Bruce

bfe71730 02-12-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejcycles
Honda has for years been using a push-rod engine in their quads/4-wheelers due to this fact.

What ATV models did honda use pushrod engines? I don't know too much about the newer style engines they've been using for the past 8 or so years. I've heard that honda didn't import any of the pushrod type engines(bikes) to the U.S, only to south america, england and a few other countries. Also the only size available in a pushrod design was a 125cc....had anyone else heard this?

ambassador 02-12-2007 09:40 PM

I had a 86 Honda 200X 3 wheeler, if I do remember correctly it had OHC stamped on a cover right on the engine, I never had to re-build it or do any valve work (best engine ever made). So I'm not absolutely positive? I do know that trike was a beast and it took everything I could dish out and laugh at me and ask for more, I jumped that thing 10 feet in the air and bottomed out but it never missed a beat.. I did have smaller tires on the back than the stock tires, no bounce... Sorry for getting off track...

bfe71730 02-12-2007 10:24 PM

The early185cc to 200cc engines on the honda atv's were mostly the same design in the head part, the 200x didn't have a compression release like the pullstart models did. The last year 200x(1987) had a 6 speed tranny and totally redesigned motor. All of these motors were OHC. I've still got my '83 200x, need to rebuild the transmission, but it still runs great. I will have had it 24 years this November.

BikerDave 02-14-2007 12:50 AM

I retired from the motorcycle business in 2001 and up to that point I had never seen a Japanese motorcycle or atv with a pushrod engine.... Pushrod is pretty much antiquated technology.

ejcycles 02-14-2007 08:15 AM

Ok, The Honda TRX250ES, TRX400 & 450 Foreman & 4x4's, most quads with the inverted engines are push-rod engines. There are a few others also but these {3} I have worked on.

Bruce

NewEnglandTrails 02-14-2007 04:06 PM

Dave,

I am quite happy with my Roketa. db-05 (aka rkm200e) it has a 167fml engine which is 197cc, Its a rugged engine on a rugged bike. 520 chain. My other bike a Kinroad has a 163fml engine which is what I think most of the Lifans use, and is also a 197cc.. I prefer the 163fml engine so far. I do believe Roketarider has a dbo7a which utilizes the 163fml engine.

I lilke the simplicity of the engines. If my fingers fit I can actually work on them. These bikes remind me of my first enduro a 74 suzuki ts-185.

Enjoy whatever you decide. If you can give Bruce at EJ cycles or Tom at RPM some business you won't regret it.

NET

bfe71730 02-14-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejcycles
Ok, The Honda TRX250ES, TRX400 & 450 Foreman & 4x4's, most quads with the inverted engines are push-rod engines

I had to see it to believe it, went to partsfish.com just to look at the designs of these inverted engines and see the detail of parts, even got a price for a genuine japanese pushrod...$8.38 :wink: