ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Instrument cluster burning ? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15340)

peperino 10-17-2015 12:05 AM

Instrument cluster burning ?

2 Attachment(s)
Hi !
Just wanted to share what is happening to some RX3s (Touring) here.

The dash seems to be decolorating a bit from the sun reflected in the windshield. Does this happened to anyone else?

Jay In Milpitas 10-17-2015 12:39 AM

Interesting problem, Peperino, thank you for sharing the warning.:clap:

My bike is parked outside in the sun while I am at work and have not had that happen yet. I may need to start covering the shield and instruments with an old t-shirt.

Lee R 10-17-2015 01:38 AM

This happened to the LCD on my Stelvio, the windscreen focused the light a bit too much and now the backlight has a "bruised" color and some melted plastic in the upper corner of the clear cover.

I'd recommend bringing a cloth or covering with gloves if possible, that's what I now do with all my bikes.

SpudRider 10-17-2015 01:44 AM

I haven't noticed a problem, myself. However, I now understand why some people prefer to have a smoke colored windshield. ;)

peperino 10-17-2015 01:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here the bikes are delivered with both, sometimes with the clear one, sometimes with the smoked one. The smoked one is shorter though.

pepelepua 10-17-2015 10:36 AM

The bike came with both windshiends, mine has the clear mounted and the dark into the rear box; it happened to my friend that he had to ask for the dark one because the dealer "forgot" it.:ohno:
Now I´ve mounted an aftermarket larger one with an intermediate smoke tone.

peperino 10-17-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepelepua (Post 194830)
The bike came with both windshiends, mine has the clear mounted and the dark into the rear box; it happened to my friend that he had to ask for the dark one because the dealer "forgot" it.:ohno:

Many people didn't receive the 2nd one (I'm one of them) and then when asked for it Corven didn't want to deliver it saying it was a mistake.

I don't like the smoked windshield anyway, I prefer the clear one

SpudRider 10-17-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepelepua (Post 194830)

If you have time, please post a photograph of the larger, aftermarket windshield, and a link to the vendor. :)

peperino 10-17-2015 03:11 PM

Spud, it is a local vendor, 'Parabrisas Curtain'

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/...do-curtain-_JM

We have seen worse results with the 'Curtain' windshield, really burning the dash, I'll post a photo soon

peperino 10-17-2015 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the smoked one

peperino 10-17-2015 03:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
We have seen a few cases here already with the aftermarket windshield

peperino 10-17-2015 03:19 PM

But I started this post because I see some decoloration in mine too, and I have the clear, stock windshield

Jay In Milpitas 10-17-2015 03:28 PM

Wow! As I say to the people that I work around, "mucho mas grande' no bueno!"

Is the damage from the Sun going through the shield or from being reflected from the inside?

Being so close to the Equator there is not much way to escape the Sun.

peperino 10-17-2015 03:38 PM

I believe the little curve where the bolt goes is the culprit. If you notice in my first pic, the decoloration happens right in the holders

SpudRider 10-17-2015 09:35 PM

I checked my speedometer this afternoon. I don't see any discoloration, or any damage whatsoever. :shrug:

I suggest you try a smoked windshield. You could also paint your clear windshield. ;)