ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   My first RX3 valve adjustment (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16974)

dpl096 06-29-2016 08:35 PM

My first RX3 valve adjustment

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry but wanting to double check on this b4 I tackle the valve adjustment tomorrow ..... please tell me this is the correct lash I'm shooting for, .003 in .076mm ... I'm going to use t he timing chain sights in addition to the timing mark to assure TDC. I'm also going to do the 500 mile oil change to syn. If I smell any fuel in my old oil I'm seriously considering the complete OCS bypass as others have done - any thoughts? I've got my stuff all lined up and on hand. Supposed to be a nice cool day and "I've got my mind right boss". Going to bend the fuel float arm while at is as well .....

BlackBike 06-29-2016 08:58 PM

"I've got my mind right boss".:D

No help here, sure others will check in, you know as they all say, take your time have fun.

dpl096 06-29-2016 09:02 PM

Thanx BB

Rodtheviking 06-29-2016 09:05 PM

.04 to .06 mm. (on the tutorial page)

You have a .076 showing but I have read that .08 is fine.

I have to do both of ours soon, I'm going to use a .06mm that I have.

jbfla 06-29-2016 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpl096 (Post 223112)
Sorry but wanting to double check on this b4 I tackle the valve adjustment tomorrow ..... please tell me this is the correct lash I'm shooting for, .003 in .076mm ... I'm going to use t he timing chain sights in addition to the timing mark to assure TDC. I'm also going to do the 500 mile oil change to syn. If I smell any fuel in my old oil I'm seriously considering the complete OCS bypass as others have done - any thoughts? I've got my stuff all lined up and on hand. Supposed to be a nice cool day and "I've got my mind right boss". Going to bend the fuel float arm while at is as well .....

.003 inch (that's what the CSC shop sets them at)

or

.08 mm

Go for it. :tup:

jb

Ron B 06-29-2016 09:50 PM

same gauge as you have. thats what I set them at.

dpl096 06-29-2016 10:32 PM

That's exactly what I wanted to hear...thanx Ron!

pyoungbl 06-29-2016 11:12 PM

Dpl, it really helps to move the radiators as far as possible so you have maximum access to the exhaust valves. I removed the gas tank. When you disconnect the fuel line from the tank be prepared to immediately hook a 1/4" fuel line so you can drain fuel from the tank into a container rather than the garage floor. You can guess how I know this trick.

detours 06-30-2016 12:05 AM

I have the same gauge ama that's the one I use. They're so thin they stick together, so make sure you're only using one gauge.

Also there are two fuel lines from the tank that join into one downstream. If you till the tank on its side and disconnect the single line, it will barely drip at all. I also use a stopper from my brake line vacuum to seal the line.

Make sure the lock nuts are nice and tight when you're done.

AdventureDad 06-30-2016 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 223121)
"I've got my mind right boss".:D

I love that quote...I just watched Cool Hand Luke with the kids the other night. They were dreading it (teenagers....) because it didn't have aliens, zombies, or any of that other crap. They loved it. Classic.

On another note, on the valve adjustment, do you have to have, or does it help to have the angled valve feelers, or will the straight ones work?

dpl096 06-30-2016 09:03 AM

AdventureDad .... it is GREAT movie!

dpl096 06-30-2016 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detours (Post 223154)
I have the same gauge ama that's the one I use. They're so thin they stick together, so make sure you're only using one gauge.

Also there are two fuel lines from the tank that join into one downstream. If you till the tank on its side and disconnect the single line, it will barely drip at all. I also use a stopper from my brake line vacuum to seal the line.

Make sure the lock nuts are nice and tight when you're done.

Thank you Detours

dpl096 06-30-2016 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyoungbl (Post 223148)
Dpl, it really helps to move the radiators as far as possible so you have maximum access to the exhaust valves. I removed the gas tank. When you disconnect the fuel line from the tank be prepared to immediately hook a 1/4" fuel line so you can drain fuel from the tank into a container rather than the garage floor. You can guess how I know this trick.

Thank you pyoungbl

jbfla 06-30-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdventureDad (Post 223167)

On another note, on the valve adjustment, do you have to have, or does it help to have the angled valve feelers, or will the straight ones work?

You can use either. I use both.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ps0ar8vyc7.jpg

It helps if you can separate the gauge you are using from the rest of the feelers.

jb

BlackBike 06-30-2016 11:01 AM

And mark the covers front and rear. Just what I've seen posted.:hi:

Great pic jbfla