ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Other Brands (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   New Honda CB350 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=27516)

wheelbender6 10-16-2020 04:54 PM

New Honda CB350

The good news is that Honda is producing a new CB350 standard bike and it looks great.
The bad news, is that it is only rated at 21hp.
https://youtu.be/WTJWeZyoIzU

OneLeggedRider 10-17-2020 04:39 AM

I like it, and thank goodness it's not a twin lol.

Emerikol 10-17-2020 09:42 PM

What's wrong with twins? I've got a pair of classic Honda's I'm about to put up for sale. Time to make some room in the garage.

OneLeggedRider 10-18-2020 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerikol (Post 347693)
What's wrong with twins? I've got a pair of classic Honda's I'm about to put up for sale. Time to make some room in the garage.

Just never have cared for the Cb 350 or 400 twin. The power pulse doesn't feel right, doesn't sound right, additional weight without a performance gain. And I had a Cb 400 inline four that I rode to Florida and back, it was literally twice the bike and the same displacement. So yeah, I'd take a single cylinder or 4 cylinder any day over an inline twin.

cheesy 10-18-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerikol (Post 347693)
I've got a pair of classic Honda's I'm about to put up for sale. Time to make some room in the garage.

It's a good thing you are in Phoenix and not Illannoy.:)

Emerikol 10-18-2020 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 347709)
It's a good thing you are in Phoenix and not Illannoy.:)

Why is that? I'll bet it's starting to cool down out that way. It's still 100* out here. >:(

cheesy 10-18-2020 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerikol (Post 347712)
Why is that? I'll bet it's starting to cool down out that way. It's still 100* out here. >:(

Because they’d probably end up in my garage.:D

It’s comfortable to down right cold. Had a couple of frosty mornings and drove through a heck of a snow on Friday. Ural weather.

1cylinderwonder 10-18-2020 11:02 AM

I really like the looks of the NEW CB350

I hope it ends up with more horsepower since it weighs more than the same horsepower motorcycles. :yay: :clap:

Emerikol 10-18-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 347715)
Because they’d probably end up in my garage.:D

If you're serious about wanting one project bike (as in, the frame, a shopping cart full of parts, two engines, and enough odds and ends to choke a camel), one bike that runs but just needs to be put back together (also with a mess of extra/duplicate/spare parts), and another bike that is in great working order and ridden regularly (I haven't decided if I want to sell the Hawk or the V-Star with the other two Hondas), then I'm just a PM away... I can palletize everything, bolt it all securely to the shipping container and send it your way. Given the general tone of your "Ch-ch-changes" posts, it might be a unique experience for you to unpack something that was crated with care and everything didn't slam around everywhere in transit... :lmao:

cheesy 10-18-2020 10:12 PM

Tempting, but no. I have too many unfinished projects stareing at me.

Emerikol 10-18-2020 11:22 PM

Darn. I was hoping to see everything go to someone who would take care of it all, and really appreciate what they were getting. Also, someone that I could watch the progress being made. Oh well. If I still have them when you're done with a couple of the projects, maybe we'll work something out.

cheesy 10-19-2020 09:06 AM

Back on topic after Em and I derailed it.:D

I like the look and the low hp rating is a non issue to me. Looks to me like it would be a nice Blue Highways ride.

Emerikol 10-19-2020 01:13 PM

I'm not in the "if it doesn't have at least a liter of displacement and make 300 horsepower, it's not even worth throwing a leg over..." camp either. Having grown up in Europe, I can tell you that 500cc's is plenty of getting around power, and 350cc's is easier to manage in the towns and villages. (Just look up the roads in the village of Lakenheath, England. That will certainly open your eyes to how good we have it in this country)