ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   TT 250 Tach Clusters.... (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17344)

ughmas 08-29-2016 01:46 PM

bump for ya, thanks for the quick responses! paid for mine today, can't wait.

mjstef 08-29-2016 03:08 PM

Ok Folks, Some of you should be receiving your clusters today if you where in a 2 day window. Just a note, Before plugging the plugs in make sure all the pins are straight. I tried to check them all over and found "1" with an improper pinout on the main plug. Green/Red was switch with Green. If their are any issues the pinout is easy to change. I can explain how, Just PM me or e-mail me @ hawclusters @gmail.com I don't anticipate many issues but these are partially hand assembled and we as humans make mistakes especially if we make $2 an hour lol. Post your reviews here when you get them installed!!! 7 more went out this morning BTW......

rojo_grande 08-29-2016 09:56 PM

Christmas in August

1 Attachment(s)
Whoohoo! I love it when I get goodies in the mail box!!!

Rojo

Azhule 08-29-2016 10:35 PM

Can't wait to see that cluster on the next group ride Rojo, going to look sweeeeet on your TT250

mjstef 08-29-2016 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojo_grande (Post 229897)
Whoohoo! I love it when I get goodies in the mail box!!!

Rojo

Let me know your thoughts!

PNWDualRider 08-30-2016 03:04 AM

Got my cluster installed today and what a beautiful cluster it is. The look is great and lighting is perfect. I have not had a chance to test out the tach as it is very late and I don't have a lift stand or anyone to help me put it up on a crate to install the sending unit. I will take some photos and try to make a video with my GoPro of it in action on the cluster. Thank you again for the lightning fast delivery!! If anyone is worried about sending this gentleman $105, don't. He is trustworthy and is well known among the forum community. Buy with confidence folks! PNW out for now!

2LZ 08-30-2016 10:42 AM

Oh man....

The suspense is killing me...... COME ON MAILMAN!!!!!

rojo_grande 08-30-2016 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjstef (Post 229907)
Let me know your thoughts!

Will likely be installing this evening after work (gotta get the yard mowed first). If all goes well I should be able to take a spin around the block to test.

Rojo

rojo_grande 08-30-2016 10:38 PM

Intalled

2 Attachment(s)
Got the tach cluster installed.:yay: Looks great. Easy install. The instructions were clear, correct, and concise. I taped the tach cluster wires/harness to a 1/8" dowel I had laying around to pull the wires through the rubber wiring harness boot. A piece of stout wire or coat hanger would also do the trick. I only needed a few zip ties to tidy everything up. Did a quick lap around the block to test it all out. No issues what so ever. So easy even a Sasquatch can do it :tup:

Thanks very much to mjstef for doing all the leg work and R&D.:thanks:

While I had the bike stripped down I installed a 12v/usb power outlet.

mjstef 08-30-2016 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 229951)
The suspense is killing me...... COME ON MAILMAN!!!!!

Yours ships in the AM 2LZ.....

PNWDualRider 08-31-2016 12:06 AM

Question!!

I got my tach installed and the front wheel barely spins when I spin it. Is this normal with this new speed sensor? I tightened it up enough so the sensor did not spin with the wheel. Help please.

rojo_grande 08-31-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PNWDualRider (Post 230047)
Question!!

I got my tach installed and the front wheel barely spins when I spin it. Is this normal with this new speed sensor? I tightened it up enough so the sensor did not spin with the wheel. Help please.

Noticed the same when I put my front wheel back on. I attribute it to the magnetic pick up in the speed sensor. Didn't notice any changes when riding.

Rojo

mjstef 08-31-2016 12:06 PM

Not too sure since i don't own a TT and it had a different speed sensor than the Hawk. You do need to make sure that the notches are lined up in the hub for sure though. The speed sensor will still work but it could make things really tight and cause early failure.....

BlackBike 08-31-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjstef (Post 230092)
Not too sure since i don't own a TT and it had a different speed sensor than the Hawk. You do need to make sure that the notches are lined up in the hub for sure though. The speed sensor will still work but it could make things really tight and cause early failure.....

I was thinking about those notches too. If it won't freewheel, somethings not right, take it off and do it again. Make sure the gear is not dragging in that sending unit

PNWDualRider 09-01-2016 12:16 AM

So I took it off and checked it and the only way to keep the sender from spinning is to tighten it down a lot. Now it won't move but the wheel has trouble moving freely. Idk if it just needs to be broken in but the unit it staying put and the sending unit to giving me my speed. Idk.