ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   uh,oh this engine looks familiar (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=12735)

fishman10 07-02-2013 04:17 PM

uh,oh this engine looks familiar

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2012-...item461088f7b9 ........doesn't this engine description and appearance remind you of the ill fated pitster pro 400 several of us had the hgorrible experience of owning

SpudRider 07-03-2013 02:07 AM

Yes, I think you are correct. :ohno: Those Xingyue bikes keep turning up, like a bad penny. :tdown:

karmaxul 07-04-2013 12:48 PM

Hello everyone I am the one selling the motorcycles. I am wondering the concerns with these bikes.

culcune 07-04-2013 03:56 PM

These 400cc Chinese bikes did not have a great reputation. There were a few threads of people who bought the Pitster Pro bike a few years ago who had mechanical issues that did not get corrected by Pitster Pro.

Personally, I have been curious about these bikes, but a few owners' concerns from the threads kept me away.

karmaxul 07-04-2013 05:39 PM

This is the new version of the engine. The enduro is new as of last year. I had to stamp them with last years vins as epa is slow as hell though these ones meet epa and dot standards in all 50 states. It is new as of last year and now is equipped with efi and a warranty. The company that produces them is 12 years old now and I do not dispute your claims though in the last few years and in Europe the engines are getting good reviews from what I have read. I offer extended warranties on all parts as I ship in bulk so I can do this for a price that would otherwise be very expensive for individual parts orders. Off hand what issues did they have in the past?

MICRider 07-04-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karmaxul (Post 155094)
This is the new version of the engine. The enduro is new as of last year. I had to stamp them with last years vins as epa is slow as hell though these ones meet epa and dot standards in all 50 states. It is new as of last year and now is equipped with efi and a warranty. The company that produces them is 12 years old now and I do not dispute your claims though in the last few years and in Europe the engines are getting good reviews from what I have read. I offer extended warranties on all parts as I ship in bulk so I can do this for a price that would otherwise be very expensive for individual parts orders. Off hand what issues did they have in the past?

Hello :)
Here is a link to Fastdoc's experience's with his PP400. It started out not too bad, but then he had lots of problems with it. I think in the end when he sold it the bike was making some ominous noises in the bottom end. Fishman also had one and had nothing but grief with it. Part's and support were impossible to obtain. Anyway, here's the link! :)
http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...astdoc+pitster

SpudRider 07-04-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karmaxul (Post 155089)
Hello everyone I am the one selling the motorcycles. I am wondering the concerns with these bikes.

Welcome. :) Please update your signature to reflect you status as a dealer, as outlined in the following thread.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=1747

I have never read a good review of these engines. If you have links to some good reviews, please do post them.

fishman10 07-05-2013 03:27 PM

400 engine

I saw the writng on the wall ,,I sold mine before the engine grenaded,,,,,explaining to the new owner the bad rep these engines had ,,,an within 500 miles it was done an he also sold it ,,,,But even before that ,pitster pro hung us out to dry an quit responding to my calls an emails for parts.If this truly is NOT the same engine ...that would be great ,,,I really like the bike,,,but don't know if I can afford to be a guinea pig again an lose thousands again. I f the guy really wants to sell some bikes ,,he should sell a couple at wholesale ,price an let us see if we can make it past 2500 miles an also write a review,,,,a fair review.

fishman10 07-05-2013 03:29 PM

to the seller of these bikes,,,if this is indeed a new design engine ,,what is it based on ,,any info ,,specs,,,,the engines we had were a strange mix of Honda bottom end,, with can-am top end,,,,and something just didn't work.

Weldangrind 07-05-2013 09:05 PM

I think the top end might've been Rotax. It seems to me that was Spud's research.

SpudRider 07-06-2013 01:26 AM

Yes, Xingyue put a Rotax cylinder on top of a Chinese bottom end. ;)

karmaxul 07-07-2013 04:55 PM

Thank you for the info I will try and get detailed answers as soon as possible to you regarding the changes to the engines from the plant tonight.

When you had the engines did you chance the oil after break in, say within 50 miles?

I pay 2500 for the machines and then there is shipping overseas, customs fees, brokers fees and initial warehouse breakdown fees. I am over 3100 when they are ready to ship. I have heard stories and encountered a snapped speedometer cable on this model though I am sending one to the customer now with some oil filters to compensate the problem.

If you want I can do them for 3300 if you want to pay the shipping and send some extra oil filters for those who want to give them a try. I have white though the flat blacks in stock sold out and the next shipment will be here in a couple of weeks. If anyone wants one to test let me know I would love to hear your reviews.

katoranger 07-07-2013 05:27 PM

How many of these have you sold? Would any of those want to give us some feedback?

Also please update your signature to reflect your dealer/business information.

FastDoc 07-07-2013 06:34 PM

I looks like the same motor.

The EFI would have been nice as the carb on mine was lousy also but EFI on a tanked engine is not helpful either.

I'm still pissed because I sold a nice restored old Yamaha 400 AND an sweet XR200 with a new Lifan engine for that POS and I regret it still.

Also, I (we) are Chinabike experts. These bikes were properly cared for and broken in.

The problem is having a bike at the end of the break in period.

culcune 07-07-2013 06:52 PM

I appreciate your ultimate goal in selling these bikes...to promote your new theory of Ci 3.148 vs Pi 3.14.

There is a guy, Wade Liu who owns Excalibur Motorsports in Chino, Cal. Who used to sell the Xingyue, too. Www.atv4usa.com

He is a an up and up guy who could probably give you the lowdown on his experiences, as well as parts that are left over. He still sells Xingyue scooters, so I am pretty sure the company is ok. I just think that at the time, Pitster Pro sold them without backing them up