ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   hawk 250 front wheel noise (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15574)

hnu13 11-27-2015 01:14 AM

hawk 250 front wheel noise

anyone ever experience a dragging type noise coming front the front wheel???
it happens running or not.. very hard to describe, . kind of sounds like a cars power steering pump whining on full lock?????? but I'm new to motorcycles, so
I'm not sure what sounds are normal, and which aren't...
any ideas????

Adjuster 11-27-2015 03:02 PM

Can you get us a video with sound?

/

Adjuster 11-27-2015 03:04 PM

Get the front wheel off the ground and spin it by hand. Try to 'feel' where the noise is coming from. You will immediately be able to tell if the brakes are dragging. And you should be able to feel any problems with the bearings.

/

Mudflap 11-27-2015 03:19 PM

Also have a listen to the speedo drive. Could be installed improperly.

2LZ 11-27-2015 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudflap (Post 199070)
Also have a listen to the speedo drive. Could be installed improperly.

Or bone dry. I'm not sure about the newer CB's but the older ones had no lube, made your speedo do wacky things and snapped in short order. Good call Mudflap. I'll bet that's it.

sevndaythry 12-02-2015 08:51 PM

We are almost positive that the noise is coming from the brakes the brake calipers themselves wiggle on the slide pins. The bike stops fine it just makes noise every now and then, both on the front and the rear. No real rhyme or reason why it's happening. Any experience someone can contribute?

Adjuster 12-03-2015 03:20 AM

My bike also made a little noise and vibration from the brakes. It was the pads that vibrated a little inside the caliper when the brakes had no pressure on them. I used some of that automotive brake red gooey sticky brake quiet stuff on the back of the pads and it was an instant cure.

/

LunaTech 02-23-2017 10:38 PM

I know I'm resurrecting a thread a little over a year old but mine are making the same noise. Gonna try some of the brake quite tomorrow and see if that fixes my noise.

Republic 02-24-2017 08:03 AM

Thank you for the resurrect Luna, actually my front wheel makes a grinding sound. I keep thinking the brake or speedo cable is rubbing but when I look it is well clear.

While riding yesterday I thought maybe it was the treads on the road reaching a harmonic or something but I hadn't thought about the brake calipers rattling.

Mine is very intermittent and can't be reproduced at will.

LunaTech 02-24-2017 08:47 AM

I can somewhat reproduce the noise mine is making just by pushing in around in the garage. I know its coming from the brake area and suspected the brakes pads dragging on the rotor and vibrating. I just searched here to see if someone else had the same noise and it so was it what I was thinking or something else. The brake quiet stuff should work for me.

LunaTech 02-24-2017 02:40 PM

Well the brake quite didn't fix my noise. Looks like it's the calipers vibrating on the pins and not the pads in the calipers. Gotta dig in and come up with a plan. It's no big deal other than it sounds awful (to me anyways).