ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Magician issues (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17632)

Jmcgee 10-14-2016 08:00 PM

Magician issues

My magician has a fuel leak after less than150 miles. pretty sure the tank is cracked or wore a hole where it sits on the small metal plate. I'm about to pull it off so I can send it back to txpowersports so they can send me another.

ben2go 10-14-2016 08:27 PM

Are those tanks metal or plastic?You maybe better off just ordering one from an online supplier.Most of the "dealers" are nothing more than drop shippers,and won't usually respond to warranty claims.

Jmcgee 10-14-2016 08:37 PM

its metal, and it is off now. The top motor mount seems to be on backward/upside down and it press-rubbed a hole in the tank. The factory really goofed. Now it's gonna cost me time and money.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...V9PaDcyeEJKZzQ
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...k9NdnVYX2Q0c1k[

ben2go 10-14-2016 08:47 PM

EKK! That mount looks hokey to me.I'd flip it around or cut the top down.If you can't get a tank,a good welder can weld that tank without blowing it up.I've done them before without issue.I blow them out with compressed air until they are dry.Next purge the tank for 3 minutes with 75/25 welding mix.Then weld the tank with the fuel valve (aka petcock) and cap removed.

Jmcgee 10-14-2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2go (Post 233663)
EKK! That mount looks hokey to me.I'd flip it around or cut the top down.If you can't get a tank,a good welder can weld that tank without blowing it up.I've done them before without issue.I blow them out with compressed air until they are dry.Next purge the tank for 3 minutes with 75/25 welding mix.Then weld the tank with the fuel valve (aka petcock) and cap removed.

I e-mailed and they said to send it to them and they would send another. so I'm gonna do it. They should just send it out now, and it will proly take till my warranty is up..... but if it does I will badmouth them so bad they will lose a lot more in sales than a tank cost.... They have a Chance now for BIG PRAISE:clap:

ben2go 10-14-2016 09:15 PM

:tup:

Azhule 10-15-2016 10:42 AM

If "badmouthing" TxPowerSports actually works you wouldn't have bought your Magician from them... trust me... I've been badmouthing "Manny" and all his 80 business' for several months before he had any "Magician stock to sell"...

Best of luck getting them to stand behind their warranty... they did nothing to replace broken parts on the bike we bought from them... and they shipped us a Floor Model that they already knew of all the damage done to our bike before I even received it...

Jmcgee 10-15-2016 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhule (Post 233688)
If "badmouthing" TxPowerSports actually works you wouldn't have bought your Magician from them... trust me... I've been badmouthing "Manny" and all his 80 business' for several months before he had any "Magician stock to sell"...

Best of luck getting them to stand behind their warranty... they did nothing to replace broken parts on the bike we bought from them... and they shipped us a Floor Model that they already knew of all the damage done to our bike before I even received it...

I never read the forums before buying, Wish I would have
I actually have 3 friends at work; Aaron, Ernie, and Chris wanting to buy one for "self" Xmas presents, we are already planning spring rides. 2 of them are wanting the Hawk, Aaron and Chris, (Ernie is short like me) we live in the country so a lot of trails to ride. Hopefully, they will take care of it. if not one of the other companies will make some bucks.

chuck 10-15-2016 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmcgee (Post 233692)
I never read the forums before buying, Wish I would have
I actually have 3 friends at work; Aaron, Ernie, and Chris wanting to buy one for "self" Xmas presents, we are already planning spring rides. 2 of them are wanting the Hawk, Aaron and Chris, (Ernie is short like me) we live in the country so a lot of trails to ride. Hopefully, they will take care of it. if not one of the other companies will make some bucks.

Killermotorsports stand behind the bike warranty.1 mirror cracked during shipment and they sent me a pair.

Weldangrind 10-15-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmcgee (Post 233692)

So cool! It would be great to have buddies nearby that are interested in riding.

pistolclass 10-16-2016 09:19 PM

Also, check out APSCusa. They are great. Even if they don't list the magician he can still get it. Don the owner always works out package deals.

Jmcgee 10-16-2016 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 233827)
Also, check out APSCusa. They are great. Even if they don't list the magician he can still get it. Don the owner always works out package deals.

I am shipping out my tank tomorrow priority mail, it all depends on how txpowersports handles this... how fast I get a replacement.
They handled the shipping and everything spectacularly! when it was purchased.
Bike was here in 3 days, MCO 2 days later. Problem registering it, but I'm good now. Well I was good..... I got to ride before it gets too cold

NM RETIRED GUY 10-17-2016 12:22 AM

There seems to be a couple of EBAY sellers from Texas selling Hawks and Magicians.Are these owned by this Manny character? Thanks

JerryHawk250 10-17-2016 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 233827)

These guy,s are great. :tup: Got my Hawk 250 and Cazador 180 from them. Hawk only cost me $1099 because I got a package deal. The freight company had damaged the cazador and Don sent all the replacement parts the next day. They know how to run a real business.

Adam Rinkleff 10-17-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NM RETIRED GUY (Post 233837)
There seems to be a couple of EBAY sellers from Texas selling Hawks and Magicians.Are these owned by this Manny character? Thanks

Yes.