ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Hawk head gasket (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20415)

Lit Hawk 12-24-2017 08:22 PM

Hawk head gasket

2 Attachment(s)
So I’m replacing my head gaskets and I took off the cylinder head no problem but I’m not sure how to remove the block is it just two bolts on the left side holds no it on? Also when I removed the cylinder head there’s these round washer type things going over the bolts. I only had 3 on and only one has a rubber seal do I need these? Is there supposed to be 4 on all bolts ? Also my gasketwhere the muffler attaches to the clamp it fell apart when I removed the muffler how do I replace it if it does need replacing at all. Thanks

Ariel Red Hunter 12-24-2017 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lit Hawk (Post 271021)
So I’m replacing my head gaskets and I took off the cylinder head no problem but I’m not sure how to remove the block is it just two bolts on the left side holds no it on? Also when I removed the cylinder head there’s these round washer type things going over the bolts. I only had 3 on and only one has a rubber seal do I need these? Is there supposed to be 4 on all bolts ? Also my gasketwhere the muffler attaches to the clamp it fell apart when I removed the muffler how do I replace it if it does need replacing at all. Thanks

Block? What block. What you want to remove is the cylinder, which I don't recommend if your problem is a leaky head gasket. CSC has an online parts diagram that shows where all of the washers and rubber pieces go. Replace the exhaust head pipe gasket with a copper o-ring type for the Honda 230...ARH

ben2go 12-24-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lit Hawk (Post 271021)

Yes, that is right and the three washer need to be there and the O-ring. The oil flows through the area around that head bolt or stud with the O ring. There should be four, I think, bolts or studs holding the cylinder to the engine case. I would hold off and wait for Megadan JerryHawk to chime in. They have recently been inside their engines.

Lit Hawk 12-25-2017 12:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So on therps.net i found it it’s #6 o-ring on cylinder head. This picture shows 1 exactly where my one is at the other two hawk pins don’t have it on my bike. Do I need to order these 2 missing o-rings or can I get away with not putting them on? On the Honda 125 service Manuel it shows part #16 and it says 3 off. I’m afraid mine might of fell in the cylinder block, I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find the two missing. I’ve found some motorcycle forums where they do not use the o-rings. I want to put my bike back together today I’m just nervous it’ll leak oil real bad without the two O-rings.

silva 12-25-2017 01:39 PM

It only takes 1 o-ring (#6) I used a little bit of silicone when i replaced my head gasket. I would not mess with the bottom cylinder gasket (#4) if its not leaking.

Megadan 12-25-2017 02:17 PM

The O-Ring that Silva points out is the only one necessary between the jug and the head. That is the bolt hole where oil flows up to the valve cover to supply oil to the valves. The others are just alignment dowels. Keep in mind that these engines are based off of he CG125 Honda design, but do indeed have some small changes of their own.

Like Silva also mentions, I would leave the Crankcase to Cylinder gasket alone unless it was also leaking. You can replace it if you want to, but make sure you have a ring compressor handy before you do so.

JerryHawk250 12-25-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silva (Post 271061)
It only takes 1 o-ring (#6) I used a little bit of silicone when i replaced my head gasket. I would not mess with the bottom cylinder gasket (#4) if its not leaking.

I agree , if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Lit Hawk 12-25-2017 02:50 PM

Thanks so much guys for the help. Merry Christmas