ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   New Magician Owner, got insurance woes (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20912)

pcast01 04-01-2018 01:30 PM

New Magician Owner, got insurance woes

Hello all,

I got my Magician in December 2017 and have got over 600 miles on it so far and loving it! I am a new rider and I am trying now to get insurance on it and registered in Texas. I have Esurance but I called them and they wouldn't insure it at all because the make(on my title RPS is the make) they won't insure it. Anyone else been able to get it insured with Esurance? If so, how? I did notice one person got a similar 250 and had to get the VIN "manually" added and they some kind of approval process with Esurance. Anyways, I would like to stay with Esurance but maybe not. Any info would be appreciated.

Hellkitty 04-01-2018 01:56 PM

I dont know if this will be any help to you, but I insured my Taotao Hellcat with Progressive. I already have a Honda CT70 insured with them, just added it my policy online, took about 2 minutes, just needed the Vin number.

Megadan 04-01-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellkitty (Post 276198)
I dont know if this will be any help to you, but I insured my Taotao Hellcat with Progressive. I already have a Honda CT70 insured with them, just added it my policy online, took about 2 minutes, just needed the Vin number.

Ditto on Progressive. They didn't have it listed in their Database, but you can simply add it when adding it to coverage, or applying for coverage. Geico is also pretty good about odd vehicle makes.

I have zero experience with Esurance, so I won't be much help there.

pcast01 04-01-2018 03:12 PM

Thanks for the info! I am gonna try one of those.

pcast01 04-01-2018 04:08 PM

Thanks for the help guys! I was able to get insurance thru Progressive online. Super easy.

Megadan 04-01-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcast01 (Post 276209)
Thanks for the help guys! I was able to get insurance thru Progressive online. Super easy.

Expect a phone call from them in a day or two to verify some info, but otherwise you are good to go.

culcune 04-01-2018 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 276211)
Expect a phone call from them in a day or two to verify some info, but otherwise you are good to go.

If you have to clarify anything; I believe that Chongqing Haosen and/or Hensim is the manufacturer if you need to get exact. RPS is actually a subsidiary of both (they are actually/technically one company, but I said 'believe' rather than 'I know' because the company names that we know with one word like Hensim or Haosen actually are long, drawn out names, but the insurance companies might know them with the one name, or just two names) rather than merely an importer/distributor. The only hiccup you might have is the Hawk and Magician are NOT in the EPA/DOT database for 'on-highway' motorcycles, but are rather 'off-road' motorcycles.

roundhouse 04-02-2018 10:37 AM

I am in Texas I have allstate. Just had to have them add it to the data base and I am good to go at $4 a month for liability.