ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Are fuel-injected RPS Magician and Hawk a real thing? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=22166)

DualSport 09-09-2018 07:43 PM

Are fuel-injected RPS Magician and Hawk a real thing?

I seen Motocheez is suppose to be getting a fuel-injected RPS Hawk from a North American importer. Anyone know where you can actually buy one? I'd love to have one for winter and the mountains..

Azhule 09-09-2018 07:52 PM

Must be nice to have a youtube channel and get free crap from shady drop shippers out of Texas (everyone should know where I'm headed with this by now) :lol:

RedCrowRides 09-09-2018 08:43 PM

Lol @ Azhule

kirbo7106 09-09-2018 09:35 PM

EFI sounds like a great addition to the Hawk, but at what cost? An additional $300, maybe even $500 would be acceptable, but If I remember correctly, it’s going to be an additional $1,000-1,500. You could have 2 “regular” Hawks for that cost!

Hopefully, add-on fuel injection systems will come down in cost and be easier to set up and adjust.

DualSport 09-10-2018 02:37 AM

You could argue that you'd have to be desperate or carelessly experimental to not just go get a $1,200-$1,800 used japanese dual sport off craigslist(XL or DR or KLR or even XR-L ride-ready pop up around this most states every couple months) instead. But I'd actually drop <$2,500 on china EFI just to not have to rebuild a carb every time jets need cleaned or it's cold or sea level changes.. This sucks if you need zero-downtime commute on top of the other issues with china dual sports even if you respect the analog fix-anywhere nature of a manual-choke carburetor..

People give free stuff to whoever pulls in more sales. It use to be spammers and shops and now it's personality cults with big subscriber bases of sociopath vain people on "vlog" sites.. Have you ever looked at the top subscribed channels on YouTube? Yikes.. Some of the worse people glutton culture has ever produced.. People don't even deny or try to hide it on camera anymore...

Digger 09-10-2018 08:49 AM

For me... fuel injection is just a pain in butt. You can fix a slide valve carb with a Phillips screwdriver, a safety pin and a small rock. I believe this to be true for snowmobiles, ATVs and motorcycles. I think the 2 basic principles for engineering have been forgotten.

1. Lighten and simplify
2. Parts left out cost nothing and never cause service problems.
Just my .02

Gh426 09-10-2018 09:16 PM

carb plz

Or upon a Solar Flare / EMP be able to run a non ecu'd vechile from point A to food, shelter SAFETY and NOT have a satellite / Russky hacker track your efi brain box. Plus most carb bikes will store well with Sta-bil, turn off fuel petcock and run bike 6 minutes til all fuel burns out of carb, preventing varnish in said carb, good time to check chain, sprockets, bolts etc, apply your tin foil hat etc... (that last bit is a JOKE)

gh

Digger 09-10-2018 09:59 PM

������

ben2go 09-11-2018 01:08 PM

I've had no problems at all with my Honda CB500X and it's EFI. It is Japanese though and Honda quality. This bike has convinced me that EFI on Jap bikes is ok. I also get seriously good fuel mileage, 68 to 72mpg while hammering on it. That's 300 miles out of a 4.5-gallon tank if I run into the reserve.

culcune 09-11-2018 11:08 PM

I spoke to someone at RPS months ago, and he told me the new Hawks will be fuel-injected. They are not in the US as of yet, or we would have heard of them. I will try to read through the EPA certification lists to see if it shows a new FI Hawk/Magician.

ChrisWNY 09-12-2018 08:46 AM

On a Japanese bike, I'd definitely prefer EFI. On a China bike, no way. Would be a nightmare to fix if something went wrong with it and the price point looks to be somewhere in the $3000 range for an EFI Hawk/Magician. The price/performance gains, in addition to the more complex maintenance issues that can arise, just aren't worth it IMO.

imapdog 09-12-2018 08:49 AM

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...ight=2018+HAWK

Essayons 09-12-2018 11:56 AM

i wonder if CSC will head that way too?

ben2go 09-12-2018 05:47 PM

If the Chinese FI turns out to be good and/or gooberment make them for emissions.

RedCrowRides 09-12-2018 06:54 PM

I might go $300 for a working, reliable EFI setup for my Vader , but seeing how I can buy an entire stock repl engine for that and even if there was a HP gain to be had, what would it be? I doubt there is even 1/2 hp over a carb, if that to be had ,I've run vehicles for literally years ( if not decades) after the carb was initially dialed in , and never had to touch it again other than changing the air filter sitting on top of it. I can usually fix a balky carb on the side of the road, but if an EFI box goes out, there you will sit. There is a reason engines are kept anvil simple in developing countries ,and it's a good one.