ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Some good news..... (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=7443)

2LZ 07-06-2010 10:40 AM

Some good news.....

Well folks, it seems we've been getting hit here with some pretty bad news lately. Not only the recent deaths but also, I'm sure many here have been hit by the economy and other things that have popped up to make our lives a bit more difficult. Life can throw you a curve ball at a moments notice and we never really know what's coming around the corner.....which is why we try to live each day to its fullest.

So....I figured it may be due time to share a little good news.

About a month ago, another branch of Fish and Game (who I work for) advertized a job opening and I applied for it. It would also be a well-needed promotion for me. After much study and preparation, I interviewed a couple weeks ago......and after about a week of waiting impatiently, I landed it! :D I was actually quite shocked. Usually....with the government, they already know who they want to hire, but have to go through all the time wasting procedures and interviews first anyway.

I have two more days here at the License and Revenue Branch and am going to be starting my new job on Thursday. :D
The good part is I'm not going to be shackled to a cube anymore. :D I'll be outside on my feet about 60% of the time.....so hopefully this 20 pounds I acquired over the last 3 years will vanish!

It really is going to be nice to get away from the code and regulatory end of the job and get my hands dirty again. I'll now be handling part of the the purchasing and procument for the branch, along with overseeing the maintenance of 15 acres which also includes a small fleet of trucks, boats and ATV's. There's 2 fish hatcheries where I'm going for Salmon and Trout and it's right on the American River.....so the view of the bikini clad rafters and bicyclists pedalling by on the bike trails should make for a nice view! 8)
Oh!....and I actually get to have a window! WOO HOO!!! :D

Cal25 07-06-2010 11:40 AM

Congratulations are on order! Thank you for shareing with us.

Weldangrind 07-06-2010 12:27 PM

Excellent news! I'm feeling unchallenged lately, and your message inspires me.

FastDoc 07-06-2010 01:27 PM

Wonderful news! Yes, we all need to hear good news!

Jim 07-06-2010 01:48 PM

Congrats :)

TurboT 07-06-2010 02:28 PM

Well done, Sir!

I too, am job hunting, which I hate. I do hope to share good news with everyone like you did in a right hurry.. 8)

lego1970 07-06-2010 02:38 PM

Congrats! Sounds like a cool job.

SpudRider 07-07-2010 01:55 AM

Congratulations, 2LZ! :)

Spud :)

alkamp 07-07-2010 12:08 PM

Nice.

We used to float the AR when I was stationed at Mather eons ago. good memories

parker955 07-07-2010 01:04 PM

Congrats man this new position sounds really great for you. I'd be stoked if I were you to.

MICRider 07-07-2010 09:27 PM

Grats! Sounds like a cool job :)

Cheers,
Stew