ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Gotta share.... (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=8860)

2LZ 03-27-2011 08:28 PM

Gotta share....

I know this don't mean much to any of you'z guy'z.....but I haven't been under 200 pounds in almost 20 years. I've never concidered myself 'fat'.....but I was definitely overweight.....especially concidering family history.

I'll say that I started at an official 227 at the first of the year......though I was larger before. :oops:

But anyway....I haven't seen a scale say this in a very long time.
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/CIMG5711.jpg

The brutal truth is it really is all about oatmeal, fruit, veges, fish and chicken....all cooked the right way. Thank God Mrs. 2LZ is an excellent healthy cook. :D

Now I just have 5 more to go to my goal and then....KEEP IT OFF! 8O
I figure being almost 6'1", I need 5 pounds of 'play weight' for the BBQ's coming this summer. :wink:

No Carls Jr....no Carls Jr....no Carls Jr.....
Man I miss that Super Star with Cheese.... :cry:

FastDoc 03-27-2011 09:04 PM

Yea!

I get to be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D

You have made an excellent health decision, and have significantly improved the performance of your Q in the process. :P

SpudRider 03-27-2011 10:17 PM

Good for you, 2LZ! :D

Spud :)

RageHardIntoTheBendies 03-27-2011 11:42 PM

Congrats!! Dont forget water, drink 4-6l of cold water a day and the lbs will melt off.

5 years ago I was 240lbs and now I'm usually in the 170s somewhere. To be fair I do also work out 2-3 hours 6 days a week :lol:

Weldangrind 03-28-2011 01:21 AM

Congrats 2LZ! That's a considerable loss in only three months! You know how to keep a resolution.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageHardIntoTheBendies
5 years ago I was 240lbs and now I'm usually in the 170s somewhere. To be fair I do also work out 2-3 hours 6 days a week :lol:

Rage, you're one of the fittest people I've ever met. 8O

Jim 03-28-2011 01:34 AM

Hey congrats :)

I had gotten myself up to about 215 a couple years ago, last year I got down to about 150... Right now I'm around 170, kind of pigged out over the winter... Gotta get that back down a bit.

I think a lot of it is more what you eat then what you do. Portion control...

TeamCheap 03-28-2011 05:32 AM

WOW thats great and something I need to do badly.

I'm fatting it up right around 265 which is just dangerously obese.

2LZ 03-28-2011 10:19 AM

Thanks guys! :D
I will say this.....I think quitting smoking 12 years ago was easier. You get over nicotine withdrawl and the urge eventually goes away. You never get over that need to sink your teeth into a bacon double cheese burger! 8O

davidsonsgccc 03-28-2011 10:56 AM

weight loss is the best performance mod. i was at 244lbs but now im at 212lbs. i think my bike is happier with me now.lol

FastDoc 03-28-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidsonsgccc
weight loss is the best performance mod. i was at 244lbs but now im at 212lbs. i think my bike is happier with me now.lol

Amen to that. For your body's as well as your bikes performance.

I'm trying to starve Brother Roger down to further improve his off road ability on his KLX300R. I am also counseling him to sell his Harley. Everyone knows Harley ownership is associated with obesity. :roll:

SpudRider 03-28-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastDoc
...Everyone knows Harley ownership is associated with obesity. :roll:

That might, or might not be true, Doc. :roll: However, as a scientist, you know fully well that correlation does not prove causation! :lol:

Spud :)

FastDoc 03-28-2011 12:29 PM

Just a joke, Brother Spud although you have to admit it does look like there is a correlation :wink: . With that said Gold Wing riders are known to stop at every Dairy Queen along their route as well.

SpudRider 03-28-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Just a joke, Brother Spud although you have to admit it does look like there is a correlation :wink: . With that said Gold Wing riders are known to stop at every Dairy Queen along their route as well.

I know you were only kidding, Brother Bill! :lol: Incidentally, I've heard the GPS system is interlocked with the bike's autopilot, and actually forces a Gold Wing rider to stop at every Dairy Queen along his route! 8O

Spud :roll:

FastDoc 03-28-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:

I know you were only kidding, Brother Bill! :lol: Incidentally, I've heard the GPS system is interlocked with the bike's autopilot, and actually forces a Gold Wing rider to stop at every Dairy Queen along his route! 8O

Spud :roll:

That explains a lot!

mizke 04-09-2011 12:14 AM

ya i need to get in shape, last time i weighed in i was at 208 and i am 5'7..ive tried to diet and i ride a freestyle street bicycle 3 to 4 nights a week and ya im still at 208..

congrats on the accomplishment but i aint givin up my red meat