View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #3

If you read and believe everything on Thumpertalk, everyone "knows someone who..." (had a Chinese bike and it was the worst thing than anything they have ever seen, fell apart an hour after "their friend" started riding it, had frames that have welds resembling bubble gum, and broke in 8 places, etc. etc. etc.)

I would suggest you look at the Hummer Group which can be linked through here on the home page. Those bikes (of which there are just a few brands) seem to have the goods for what you are thinking about. They look engineered for business, and the few owners of them have good things to say aobut them. I think Venom Motors of Las Vegas has a model, Roketa has an identical model, whoever imports the Hummer brand, and SunL. I would pick one of these over a used XR100 as it has more power. If you asked on Thumpertalk, they would tell you to pick the XR, or, in many cases, buy a 25 year old bike that is essentially a money pit, over any Chinese bike. The key with a Chinese bike is to buy from a reputable dealer who has an actual building with the key word reputable, or if you mail order, to know bikes very well yourself, or have a good friend who does. Actually, the same would be true of a 7 year old Honda, too!

My bad. The group is called the 200chinabike group. You can link to it from 'home' and join them and ask specific questions.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard