Thread: New XF200 owner
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmcd
The ride home was nice, even a bit warm as I wore my insulated jacket for the cold morning. It was above 80 I think. The little bike did pretty well. I had it on the highway for about 2 miles, and it was keeping up with traffic at 65 to 70 mph indicated. It was much better at 50 mph. I didn't really pay attention to the break in period recommendations... And now I have 78 km on the clock. I think I might tinker with the carb in the near future, if I ever get some free time. Mid throttle seems like it's pretty flat, and it sounds like everyone moves the needle clip to the 4th slot right away.

Now that I have a title, I figure the bike is much more valuable. That and the new bars, and the removal of all Qlink evidence, and the bike is going to be worth more than I paid for it!
I'm glad you had some nice weather to ride.

Please be careful when riding on limited access highways with any 200cc motorcycle; in fact, I would strongly encourage you not to do it. I'm sure others, especially FastDoc, will agree with my recommendation. These little engines are struggling very hard just to maintain speed with the slower highway traffic, and they have no reserve available to escape danger, if necessary. :(

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894