View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #3

I had my first cool morning commute with the new grips... Love em! I purposely wore my light summer cruising gloves to see how the heat would transfer through them, which it did very well. I started off at 75% power but found it a little too warm so had to decrease it by one button push, I think that takes it to 40% which seemed pretty much perfect. This was a half hour commute at all highway speeds in +2 Celsius weather. Tops of my hands got a little cool, but the palms were toasty warm. +18 on the trip home so I didn't need to turn them on . The double sided tape did let go on the temperature control unit and it fell off the dash. I think it was from the hot sun on it. I replaced the cheap double sided tape with some Scotch heavy duty exterior double sided tape... It shouldn't fall off now! I used the same tape to stick on my 12 volt receptacle on a side cowl... I tried to remove it on the weekend and couldn't budge it! So, happy with the grips so far. Nice to have toasty digits on a cold morning!