View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 01:54 PM   #10

If your looking to spend $2500, and its a first bike Id suggest looking used. I never recommned anyone buy a first bike new due to the learning curve like never put you bike on fresh laid balcktop in 90 degree heat on a sunny day etc etc. If your not mechnically inclined I would suggest staying with a used Japanese bike for the purpose of partas and service. I wouldnt limit yourself to a 250 Ninja either. Honda made a 250 interceptor that for that time frame is every bit as good a bike as a Ninja. On top of that there are many other used bikes that will be in your price range that you can grow into. Specifically Honda made a bike called the CB-1 which was a 400 cc inline 4 cylinder stripped of plastic sport bike that red lined at close to 14,000 rpm. It was very mild mannered till about 7K so very good beginner bike and once your ability increased will eat up any 250 NINJA. Another great beginner bike by Honda is called the Hawk GT which is a 650 cc twin cylinder. Very nice torque motor for beginners and again once confident pulls the front wheel off the ground nicely. Those are just 2 examples. Im like China bikes, espceially the dirt and dual sports but single cylinder 200cc on the street for anything but very mild communting isnt very practical long term IMO thats why the recommnedation to used Japanese...JMO.... Good luck