View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxtell
:( Minor Issues:
• Speedo - I tightened the ends, better but still wanders at speed. I'll remove the cable and check it.
• Idle - In order for the bike to idle when cold I adjusted the air screw on the side of the carb, when hot it idles at 3000 RPMs. I'll need to adjust the idle screw on the bottom (I'm thinking) to get that set correctly.
•ÂTach bounces around, esp. at higher RPMs.
• Odd discoloration on the exhaust unter the side rack (wish it was black like everything else).

Overall:
Had a great ride to work this morning. Getting more comfortable with the heel and toe shifter. Everyone likes the look of the bike. It is Comfortable! Have yet to take it off road.
It sounds as if your pilot mixture screw (PMS) is set too rich. Wait until the engine is hot (not warm, hot), and adjust the PMS leaner. Be conservative, and adjust the PMS in 1/4-turn increments; ride a mile or so, and note the results.

The discoloration in the muffler is probably caused by a flow restriction. I think you might have a catalytic converter placed in the muffler at that location. I hope Weldangrind will offer his suggestions regarding the potential removal of this restriction.

How heavy is this bike? Please do keep us updated! Your bike is one of the most interesting models I have yet seen; I love agricultural bikes! We would also love to see more closeup photographs, and photos of the bike off road.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894