View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 02:10 AM   #1

2 China Riders Moderators Ride 2 Days in East Idaho

On Friday morning I greeted FastDoc after he arrived at my local airport. Our Christian Brother Andy visited with us while we ate a healthy lunch at McDonalds before we went to my home, loaded up the the luggage racks on both my bikes, and headed south to ride in the Malad and Arbon Valleys. We stopped along the way to admire the scenery, and take some photographs of the local mountains.

Riding the gravel roads, we entered the Malad Valley from the north.

Then we ascended a fire road to cross over the mountains, and enter the Arbon Valley to the west.

Entering the Arbon Valley, we paused to admire the amber waves of grain growing in a field next to the fire road. Brother Bill looks good mounted on the Zong, don’t you agree?

Riding a bit farther south, we ascended another trail to enjoy an elevated view of the northern end of the Arbon Valley.

Descending from the overlook, we headed east to climb to the top of another fire road, which would take us once again into the Malad Valley. We paused to admire the view of the Arbon Valley before we descended to the east.

Re-entering the Malad Valley, I snapped some action photos of FastDoc kicking up some Idaho dust with my Zong.

We entered another canyon, and climbed westward to another favorite spot of mine that overlooks the sweep of the Malad Valley to the east.

Once a Zongite, always a Zongite.

Brother Phil Hall, a Zongshen dealer, printed these Zongshen T-shirts for us before he went home to be with the Lord Jesus Christ. All of us who knew Brother Phil miss him very much; the Dual Sport Forum is dedicated to his memory.

We backtracked a little, and headed over to a parallel ridge to gain another perspective of the valley, and the local mountains.

Descending the overlook, we headed south and climbed to another favorite vista as the sun moved lower in the sky.

Descending to the pavement, we rode back north and arrived home well after sunset. This day we rode approximately 165 miles, and Brother Bill completed half of the requirements needed to earn his Idaho Leather Butt Certificate. 8O FastDoc would complete the prerequisites for this coveted award after riding the following day.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894