View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Under standard conditions the Maule will comfortably reach and cruise at 15,000 feet. On a cooler than standard day the sky's the limit( :wink: ) and I've had it up close to 18,000 which is the bottom of Alfa Airspace which I can't enter without an IFR clearance.

Below 12,000 no O2 is required but it's not a bad idea over 8,000. Between 12,000 and 14,000 you're allowed 1/2 hour without O2. above 14,000 you need O2. The requirements are different for crew and for passengers. It's OK for passengers to fall asleep.

The Arrow is a fine airplane. I have some time in a Turbo Arrow from when I lived in Kalifornia. Are you a pilot Dmmcd?
Not a pilot, but I used to work with a guy who owns the Arrow and a Seminole. The Seminole is charter rated, and he uses the Arrow as a trainer and personal plane. Now my job has me traveling between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh fairly often, which is about 6 hour drive each way. I call up my old friend and he happily shuttles me there in one of his planes (1 1/2 hr flight), but I act as the co-pilot. If we take the Arrow, he bills it as a training flight. If we take the Seminole, he bills it as a charter but he still makes me fly most of the way... Some day I would like to get the licenses, but I don't have the time or money for formal training right now. I do enjoy my "free" training every now and then.

Sorry for threadjack. That last photo of the rain is pretty cool, too. I am no stranger to riding in rain, but still try to avoid it when possible. I found out this weekend that the XF stock tires, which are pretty good in dry conditions, are REALLY terrible in the wet.