View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 07:17 AM   #8

Thanks for the welcoming.

Indeed it's Suzuki VanVan replica. This is even how it's advertised in UK. Only yesterday I realized that Suzuki never imported VanVan in the US for example, and that there was a 200cc version of it. I've only come across the 125cc version. Hyosung also offers such type of bike, but it's only 125cc - http://www.hyosung.co.uk/detail.php?id=13 and it resembles more to Yamaha TW. And it's also not listed on the US Hyosung site... Damn, you guys are short on offerings for small bikes!

Mine is with a disk rear brake and is about half the price, though I sure hope this won't turn into a hollow saving in the long run. You're my inspiration Spud, with your tens of thousands of mileage.

The engine is indeed OHC, but strangely the camshaft is held in place only by the head cover and not with bolts and shells to the head itself (ask me how I know this!) . And it has ball bearings, which are encapsulated I was meaning to check the engine ID, but work and other issues keep me away from the garage these days.

On another forum, I was advised not to touch the SAI (Secondary Air Intake) system, unless I open up the exhaust too. Unfortunately, there is no way the owner of the bike, a.k.a. my wife, would let me put an offroad muffler on it. If it was mine, I would have chopped it open straight away, but she likes it quiet like it is now. I'll just play a little with the jets if they are not too peculiar because now it doesn't tick-over properly when cold, even with the choke on.

Spud, this video is actually made by Colin from northbridgebikes.co.uk that I purchased the bike from Here a few more:

I'd really like to borrow some your firearm collection, FastDoc! Does it say somewhere "Kazanlak" on the stuff made in Bulgaria? I'm trying to plate the thing, and the combination of one-of-a-kind vehicle with Bulgarian traffic administration can shorten your life more than family reunion at the in-laws. We might be an EU member, but the mentality is from 3rd world... The bike has a CE certificate, so I'll get through eventually. After all this was one of the reasons I bought that particular make and model.