View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #30

Ok, I have taken all the measurements, and taken pics of all the parts laid out on the computer room floor....yea, I know...I am a redneck for a reason lol.

What I am thinking of doing is buying a complete gasket kit, and then just a base gasket.

Putting the cylinder on with the piston inside and measuring clearance from TDC of the piston to the top of the deck.

THEN measure the head gasket thickness, factor in compression when it is torqued down. Measure for valve lift and see if the piston will impact any valves if I plain down the head.

Then meaure out how far I can plain the head down safely and have the piston valve reliefs cut accordingly. Then I think I am going to slap it all back together with the new gasket kit, rings and some synthetic oil and call her good for now.

What I might do is try and locate a blown up XR200R engine and build that fron the ground up. Seems to be a lot more of an aftermarket base for that engine than these overhad cam Zongshen ones.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&type=3&saved for pics