View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #8

I am going to try to reuse the Honda airbox, the battery box from the lifan should fit where the honda one was. (the xl had the voltage reg next to it, and takes up about the same amount of room.) I will put the China Bike (CB)
electronics under the seat and under the battery as needed. (the starter relay etc)

I am leaning towards using most of the CB wiring harness but I am missing the left hand control wiring. (they cut it off) and the headlight harness. So I have been trying to find a wiring diagram with no real luck so I will be tearing into the harness and redoing what ever I need to. (I am an electronic tech by trade thank god LOL)

Exhaust is the XL downpipe/muffler. I had to cut the manifold pipe from the CB pipe as the XL one is too large. But will use the first 3" of the CB pipe and then weld it into the XL pipe. then it will mount as before.

I have repainted the tank and sidecovers and still have to do the fenders and then clearcoat it. (it is the 1974 honda xl175K1 orange and black) )

Once I get the engine mounts done and all the wiring harness figured out and extra tabs welded onto the frame I will repaint the frame Black.

I have new tires, bearings, brakes and cable for the XL also.

I also have rebuilt the seat pan and added a repro seat cover.

This is a before picture.