View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #27

I understand your short riding seasons. I'm a heat lover and the wife and, I will ride in 110 temps. Just got to keep hydrated. We usually strap a small ice chest on and fill it with ice and water bottles. I'll ride in the cold but 35 is my stopping point. The trips are usually kept less than 30mi when it gets that cold and, I normally break them into 15mi stops. Only when the roads are clear and no wind tho. I don't really like it but, I don't like the bikes sitting all winter long either. I'll get them out and ride them at least 30-60mi a week during the winter. Most of the time however, we'll have at least one day a week in the 40s or maybe 50s so that's when, I try to get them out.

Weld, I'm not sure what part of Canada you're in? I was in Winnipeg Man. back in the late 60s. I believe it was july. I'm not sure what the average summer temps are there, but if I remember it was in the mid 60s and seemed pretty cool to this southern boy. I knew, I'd never live there. Beautiful country tho.