Thread: Easter Ride
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW
Very impressive, Weld! Looking at all the beautiful ride reports on here makes me want to buy a couple of ds bikes. Last year the wife and I hardly rode our atvs. It was so dry all the trails were closed, even out west in the mountains. You couldn't even park on the side of the road without getting a ticket because of all the wild fires going on. We've been getting rain lately so hopefully this year they'll reopen
Thanks Jim! We lucked out with the bike that Son of Weldangrind is riding. We picked it up for a song and have only changed the oil and installed a new China carb. It had been stored in a garage for several years, so it was a time capsule. We're now going to take the time to go through it and maintain it properly.

I highly recommend DS bikes. We're getting a huge kick out of exploring the local area. Our small city is within a large country setting, and we have 359 square Km or 139 square miles to discover, without leaving the county limits.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer