View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 04:29 AM   #6

The brake shoes for the Zong's rear brake are 130mm in diameter, and 28mm wide. The EBC catalog lists a lot of brake shoes with these dimensions, including the brake shoes for the Kawasaki BN125 Eliminator. However, the holes which hold the springs for the brake shoes are in different locations, so I tried my best to match the distance between these holes.

I have a new, stock, rear brake assembly for the Zong, complete with brake shoes. I also purchased a pair of Vesrah VB-223 brake shoes, and fitted them to the Zongshen brake assembly. Although the Vesrah brake shoes are not identical, the fit appears to be good. The Zongshen springs also work well with the Vesrah VB-223 brake shoes. However, I have not tested these brake shoes on my Zong, since I performed an XT225 swingarm conversion on my bike.

Perhaps a number of different brake shoes will work with the stock, Zongshen rear wheel. Also, some brake shoes come complete with springs, which might eliminate the need to match the spring hole distance. However, the following brake shoes appear to fit the Zongshen rear wheel.

Vesrah VB-223
EBC 506
SBS 2034
Dunlop 9108

EDIT:
SOK 204 brake shoes, available for sale on eBay, should also fit the Zongshen, rear brake drum.

If someone experiments with another 130mm x 28mm brake shoe, and discovers it fits well in the Zongshen rear brake assembly, please let us know.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894