View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #6

I think Jeremy has the R155 version (supermoto), I am still very interested in the X155. I keep looking at what it will take to increase suspension travel, power and so on on my Yamaha YBR125G, and if I use US parts, it will cost more than half of what the X155 has and will probably still not be up to spec.

I will still keep the YBR, it is a great all-round bike. It can easily handle the three of us (gf, kid and myself), we have done 500 mile weekend trips around the coast and across the mountains, very steep climbs. That is two-up with luggage (traveling in the Philippines is much slower than in the US)
It has very good parts and support, gets 250+ miles on a tank of gas, and is super reliable. Light and still decently sized for 'Kanos'.

The X or R 155 seem to have a fair bit more suspension travel and also more sophisticated suspension, and should offer a bit more power, although I don't think they are as practical day to day.

At least then I will have a spare bike to lend friends, apart from the Chinese 125 business bike I will probably put on the rental or tricycle market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller
I would look into the motox155 our member here "jeremy2011" has one in the Philippines and has enjoyed it and this bike has more power than the 200 because of the water cooled engine and higher compression. Just my two cents worth.