View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #13

Location: Out yonder where the hoot owls make love to the chickens / Indiana backwoods
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Got it running !!

Broken wire on stator...

Put it all back together, with about 2 year old gas in the tank, fired up on 2nd kick !!

Drained gas, new fuel filter, oil change (added some Lucas / motor has an odd rattle sound in my opinion, possibly just the normal sound or a rod and/or crank bearing? Maybe valves need adjusted?) ....been riding it off and on for a couple days..

Now , where can I find specs / technical stuff for this motor?

It's a Honda clone correct? It has No plug on the valve cover for access to adjust valves therefore it's a push rod motor from my understanding ?
There is however a small screw in the very top of valve cover that sets parallel with bike frame.... What's it for?

Wanting to adjust valves, can't find specs???

Also on the side of the motor (stator side) just above the cover / bottom of jug is a metal plug / flat head screwdriver slotted / about a quarter ($.25) size... What's that ?

Pictures may be helpful to both of us ......

Bike runs great though, very low gearing... Could use 7 gears instead of 5 in my opinion. Never had a 4stroke bike always had RM's and KDX... I love it especially back in the woods on the old trails..
Here is a link to picture of same motor I've got :

http://maxpartslist.com/images/products/1013.JPG

The plug I was referring to is not installed on the motor in the picture, but you can clearly see the hole it threads in to.... What is it?

Also on top of the valve cover, on the back (right) side - on the top / middle of cover is a 10mm? bolt / head facing the rear of the bike (absent in picture)... What's it for ?

Thanks!