View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 06:04 AM   #8

Update: I looked a lot more at the new MSX200 II, it has Zongshen stampings / labels on motor and several other parts, so definitely not the Kamex Warrior

Seems that it is an OHC Honda CB clone motor, about the only power specs I can find seem to indicate about 12.3 KW (16.5 hp) and 14.5 NM or so for torque, almost identical to the Honda XR200.

Other references seem to put those figures at 11.5 / 15.1, which is similar to the old TRLAX / 200 II Yamaha-based model.

Design and quality is much improved over the old model, riding position is very close to dirt bike / dual sport standard versus the more cruiser / road bike 'foot forward' position of the older TRLAX.

If I compare things like the foot peg hangers and other chassis parts to my Yamaha or Haojue ('commercial' bike) 125, quality is vastly better. Quality of design and manufacture is one of the best the best out of the Chinese bikes I have seen out here, including most of the other models imported by Motorstar.
That is reflected in the price. The other quality chinabike I have seen is the MCX Renegade 250, about $300 more at P81K to P86K.

So far pricing has dropped from P71K (under $1700) to P67K 'cash price'. I suspect it would go lower with some bargaining, and comparing to the 'cash price' on the two 150s.

That includes tax, title, insurance and IIRC first year service. Not bad considering Philippines pricing is usually substantially more than USA.

I really like this bike for the price. It has the USD fork from the R155, the 21/18" wheels from the X155, an 'improved' rack / grab handle which will have to be replaced for touring, and an exhaust can heat shield.
The headlight unit also looks to be fractionally different.
From what I can find on the internet, power is substantially up on the 150 water-cooled motor, which is about halfway between the 200 and my 125 Yamaha.

Biggest issue for me is the weight, 10KG over the XR200, and 20KG (44 lb) over the YBR Yammie, but then the frame and subframes look much more robust than the XR, and the saddle seems longer as well, better for two-up work.
I also think that the stylized rear rack, exposed area between rack and saddle and bulbous bodywork will make fitting soft luggage difficult, and cause hard bags to stick out too far.

Has anybody seen these (200 air-cooled or 150 water-cooled) or the equivalent Zongshen Fly 150 in the USA or elsewhere yet?