View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #14

Well, that's a claimed 85mph. I know for a fact that my bike is about 5-7mph slower than indicated, since I ran it against a friends car. But yes, I'm very happy with it's highway speed. It's just the expressway that causes trouble, since the speed limit is 70mph and most people drive about 75. If you need to pass, you don't want to be at redline pushing 80mph (actual).

Couple that with an insanely low first gear and it might be worth it to switch. The existing rear sprocket is 36 teeth, the new one is 33.

To gear your bike properly, (or at least semi-accurately) try this site out:

www.gearingcommander.com

For the Jinlun, you need to find the Roketa MC 113 2011, it's the same bike. You'll also need to drop max rpms to 8500 from 9000 on the Roketa MC113, since the manual from that importer incorrectly lists the redline as 9000rpms.

After changing that, scroll down the page and you'll see a list of gearing options with changes to drive and counter sprocket. You can also make custom changes and see the results immediately. This is an incredibly cool page for bike modders. 8)

Sadly, the counter sprocket is difficult to change on this bike. The crankcase gets in the way of a larger one, which is a shame since it's identical to a Honda Rebel CMX250 C-sprocket. The rear sprocket is unique and has to be custom made, but it's easy to put a smaller one on and then cut the chain down. (or swap chains)