Thread: what to do?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 03:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyjoe
I bought the same bike from the same vendor. Considering the price, I have been very pleased with it. I use it mostly for riding back roads and trails, with a little highway riding thrown in. I don't really beat on it, so I can't tell you exactly how durable it is. It runs and drives great. The only failure I have had is the speedometer went bad. In addition, the chain was cheap and had to be replaced, and the same goes for the tubes. The electrical system is weak, and the headlight is too dim for night driving, at least at higher speeds. Top speed on mine is somewhere between 65 and 70. You will be able to find a good deal of information on this site regarding this bike and others like it by using the search button. Good luck!
thanks for the insite. the headlight....do you think it could be replaced with a better bulb or something? on my riva 180 i did a h4 silverstar conversion and it worked out great. when you say tubes what are you referring to? fork tubes? i plan to drive this bike as much as the weather will allow me. my sister also just moved down a dirt road and lives about 30 miles away so it would get driven out there once a week atleast.

Quote:
Make sure you are mechanically inclined if you are mail-ordering a bike (there is no warranty available as T-Motorsports is an importer, not an authorized American Lifan dealer who offer 6 month warranties).

As far as 300's--they seem not to be available here in the US as of yet, with 250's having a limited presence (and the presence limited to completely non-streeted dirt bikes). It will take awhile for the bigger enduros to make any inroads--the 200's are plenty available and cheap right now, so there is no hurry to bring anything bigger in, yet. Crying or Very sad

yes i machanically inclined. i've been a Chrysler tech for almost 6 years now. i also have had scooters ever since i could drive.

if the motor on one of these turned out to be a pile, is it possible to put like a dr250 motor into it?

also who is a lifan dealer that i can buy from so i have the warranty?

thanks again for the replies.